Microsoft 365 & Power Platform Development Community call - 2nd of February, 2023
Welcome to the bi-weekly call focused on Microsoft 365 platform development topics. In this call, we focus on Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Graph, Power Platform, SharePoint, Microsoft Lists with topics ranging from development tools to list and column formatting, to site design and provisioning, and more.
- Agenda set for next Microsoft 365 platform call - Tuesday, February 7th, 8:00 am PT.
- Latest news from Microsoft engineering on Microsoft 365 topics
- Demo – Ayca Bas & Dan Wahlin – Getting Started with Azure Communication Services, Microsoft Graph, and Microsoft Teams
- Demo – Garry Trinder – Turn text to images in Microsoft Teams using OpenAI DALL-E 2 and Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- Demo – Pranita Padalwar - Power Pages Data workspace is now solution aware
- Agenda set for next Microsoft 365 platform call - Tuesday, February 7th, 8:00 am PT.
- Power Platform - Independent Publisher Connectors submissions
- Script samples
- New – PnP PowerShell – Get and compare documents hash from different tenants - Valeras Narbutas (Macaw) | @ValerasNarbutas
- New – PnP PowerShell – How to ensure that the Role/Title in each People web part is updated - Kasper Bo Larsen | @kasperbolarsen
- New – PnP PowerShell – Grant permissions for a given Azure Active Directory application registration - Michał Romiszewski | @romiszewski
- New – PnP PowerShell – Export of Stream (Classic) Web Parts and pages that use them - Tetsuya Kawahara | @techan_k
- Updated – PnP PowerShell – Creates and apply site designs – Reshmee Auckloo | @ReshmeeAuckloo
- Updated – CLI for Microsoft 365 – Retrieve Message Centre Announcements and post to MS Teams Channel - Nanddeep Nachan | @NanddeepNachan
- Updated – CLI for Microsoft 365 – Report of where a Term is used - Adam Wójcik | @Adam25858782
- Good first issue asks
- Microsoft Teams samples – Featured Teams App Samples with Full Tutorials
- Power Platform Samples & Power Apps Samples
- Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly – Episode 195 (January 30th) with US-based Microsoft MVP and MCT, CEO/Owner of SharePlicity - Liam Cleary |@helloitsliam | video | podcast
- Microsoft 365 Developer Podcast – Partner Showcase: Kudzu with Rob D’Oria (January 29th) | podcast
- Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly – Episode 194 (January 23rd) with US-based Developer, Speaker, Podcaster, Group Manager, Modern Workplace Architect, Microsoft MVP - Mark Rackley (Avanade) | @mrackley | video | podcast
- Turn that ‘Power Apps’ app into a Mobile app! – the “Wrap” feature in Power Apps enables you to package your canvas apps as custom-branded Android and iOS apps for native distribution to mobile users. Leverage Azure AD, Visual Studio App Center, Power Platform solutions. Install Wrap, create App Center container for mobile app, use PowerShell for registration, create. Step through the build process executed in the Apple Developer portal. Helpful tips throughout presentation. Conversation – aka.ms/Feb2-Demo1
- List Formatting Magic – Query string options and look up field handling – three tips/tricks for today. Adding a lookup in your list to bring in items located in another list. Format multiple items in single list field using forEach to render each item on a new line within the current field – looks like a table. Make a % field look prettier leveraging the Number Battery sample. Appending SharePoint query strings to page/list URLs to remove navigation. Conversation – aka.ms/Feb2-Demo2
The host of this call was David Warner II (Microsoft) | @DavidWarnerII. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
19:00 – Together mode picture
55:27 – Closing
Thank you everybody once again for joining on the call. Please, please, please keep the feedback coming in.
- Join the next monthly Power Platform Integrations / Connectors LABs Participant call. Complete this form.
- Help shape the Microsoft Community Advisory Board priorities for the next six months by completing survey - Microsoft Community Insights - January 2023 | aka.ms/CommunityInsightsJan23
- Chime into a Community Calls Conversation – chat about demos anytime. Links and QR Codes associated to every demo – see in call deck and in demo summaries.
- Opt into the PnP Recognition Program | aka.ms/m365pnp-recognition
- Register for upcoming Sharing is Caring events:
- Do you have a cool flow? Tell us about it so we can write about it. #FlowOfTheWeek aka.ms/FlowOfTheWeekForm
- What key scenarios are missing from the PnP Core SDK? Let us know and/or view the latest changes at PnP Core SDK Changelog.
- PowerShell – The team is thinking of dropping support for PS 5, any strong objections? Suggestions in general? Please visit PnP.PowerShell Changelog
- Ideas for Microsoft Lists? aka.ms/Feedback/Lists
- Suggestions for yo teams? Discussions
- Create a connector – Top Power Platform Independent Publisher Connector Asks
- Wish list for Microsoft Teams
- Register for the Microsoft 365 Developer Program and get a free developer tenant
- Get started with free training modules covering Microsoft 365 platform capabilities.
- Visit the Microsoft 365 Unified Sample Solution Gallery from Microsoft and community.
- Request a Demo spot on the call – https://aka.ms/m365pnp/request/demo
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – http://aka.ms/spdev-sig-call
- Turn that ‘Power Apps’ app into a Mobile app!
- Article - Turn that ‘Power Apps’ App into a Mobile App!
- Documentation - Overview of wrap
- Tool - App Center is mission control for apps.
- Documentation - Tutorial: Register an app with Azure Active Directory
- Tools – Apple Developer
- List Formatting Magic – Query string options and look up field handling
Thank you for your great work. Samples are often showcased in Demos. Request a Demo spot on the call https://aka.ms/m365pnp/request/demo
|PnP .NET Libraries - PnP Framework||v1.11.0 GA|
|PnP .NET Libraries - PnP Core SDK||v1.8.0 GA|
|Microsoft 365 Assessment tool||v1.0.0 (SharePoint Syntex Assessment)||Successor to the Modernization Scanner tool|
|PnP PowerShell||v1.12.0 GA||v2.x is available in nightly builds !!!|
|Yo teams - generator-teams||v4.1.0 GA, v4.1.1-preview.2|
|Yo teams - yoteams-build-core||v1.8.0 GA, v1.8.1-preview|
|Yo teams – yoteams-deploy||v1.2.0 GA, v1.4.0-preview|
|Yo teams - msteams-react-base-component||v3.1.1 GA|
|Microsoft Teams Toolkit||v4.2.1 GA (VS Code), v17.4 (VS), v17.5-preview-2 (VS)||New builds daily|
|Microsoft Graph Toolkit (MGT)||v2.9.0 GA, v3.0 Preview||https://aka.ms/mgt/2.9.0|
- Script Samples - Getting started with PnP Script Samples – aka.ms/script-samples/getting-started
- Samples - Power Platform Samples | aka.ms/powerplatform-samples
- Microsoft 365 tenant – Script Samples Gallery | aka.ms/script-samples
- Microsoft Teams Samples Gallery | aka.ms/teams-samples
- Microsoft 365 Extensibility look book gallery | aka.ms/m365/extensibility
- Archives - Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Videos, Podcasts
- PnP Teams Quickstart | aka.ms/pnp-teams-quickstart
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit v3.x | https://aka.ms/teams-toolkit
- Microsoft 365 and Power Platform Community Blog | aka.ms/m365pnp/blog
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit in Microsoft Learn | https://aka.ms/learn-mgt
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video - Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Microsoft)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance - Feedback welcome
- Solution - Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Microsoft 365 developer program site - Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP PowerShell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
- Microsoft 365 platform call | Tuesday, February 7, 8:00 am PT – https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call (weekly)
- Office add-in monthly call | Wednesday, February 8, 8:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall (monthly)
- Viva Connections & SharePoint Framework call | Thursday, February 9, 7:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call (bi-weekly)
- Power Platform monthly call | Wednesday, February 15, 8:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall (monthly)
- Microsoft 365 General Dev call | Thursday, February 16, 7:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig (bi-weekly)
- Microsoft Identity Platform call | Thursday, February 16, 9:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar (monthly)
Microsoft 365 Development Community bi-weekly calls are targeted at anyone who’s interested in the general Microsoft 365 development topics. This includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Power Automate, Power Apps, Column Formatting, List formatting, etc. topics. More details on the Microsoft 365 community from https://aka.ms/m365pnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments below this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from https://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 Community (PnP) team, Microsoft - 2nd of February 2023