Microsoft 365 Platform Community Call - 1st of November, 2022
Welcome to the weekly call focused on capabilities of the Microsoft 365 platform. In this call, we highlight recently announced and key existing developer resources, news, community events and three demos.
- Samples – Microsoft 365 Unified Sample Solution Gallery - aka.ms/m365/samples now with more than 1400 samples from Microsoft and community.
- Article – Announcing the new SharePoint Pages API in Microsoft Graph – DC Padur (Microsoft) | @dcpadur
- Article – Updated preview of the SharePoint Framework 1.16 – Microsoft 365 Platform team
- Article – Roll A Dice! Building a command bot for Microsoft Teams using Teams Toolkit with Visual Studio Code - Tomomi Imura (Microsoft) | @girlie_mac
- Article – What’s New in Microsoft Teams | October 2022 - Holly Lehman (Microsoft) | @Lehman__Holly
- Article – Microsoft Viva Topics at KMWorld November 7-10, 2022 - Tehzeeb Versey-Patel (Microsoft)
- Introduction to new SharePoint Pages Microsoft Graph API – new Microsoft Graph APIs to get, create and manage SharePoint pages (and news posts). Demos showing getting content from specific page, creating page, publishing page as news post, and deleting page. Target use cases, not in scope APIs, and roadmap for PnP/Graph SharePoint APIs called out. Beta API due out at end of November. Please Sign up to test the beta release.
The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
- Latest updates and news on the Microsoft 365 platform – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 5:29
- Demo - Find meeting times for multiple people on Microsoft 365 – Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm – 8:37
- Demo - Introduction to new SharePoint Pages Microsoft Graph API – DC Padur (Microsoft) | @dcpadur – 21:50
- Demo - Getting started with styling your Power Pages – Hugo Bernier (Microsoft) | @bernierh – 34:19
Thank you for your creativity and work execution. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
The House is full yet again today! Really awesome to see many familiar faces. Thank you everybody for joining today’s call. Please keep the feedback coming.
- Share feedback on Microsoft Teams App now available on Office Mobile - https://forms.office.com/r/gt2bxerykr
- Opt into PnP Recognition Program – aka.ms/m365pnp-recognition
- Register for upcoming Sharing is Caring events:
- Register for the Microsoft 365 Developer Program and get a free developer tenant
- Get started with free training modules covering Microsoft 365 platform capabilities.
- Visit the Microsoft 365 Unified Sample Solution Gallery with more than 1400 samples from Microsoft and community.
- Sign up to Share your story in the Learn from the community series.
- Request a Demo spot on the call – aka.ms/m365pnp/request/demo
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- Find meeting times for multiple people on Microsoft 365
- Introduction to new SharePoint Pages Microsoft Graph API
- Article - Announcing the new SharePoint Pages API in Microsoft Graph | aka.ms/PagesAPI
- Beta Testers - SharePoint Pages graph API beta release testers sign up
- Getting started with styling your Power Pages
- Blog - Microsoft Power Pages Now in General Availability!
- Documentation - Plan and prepare for Power Pages in 2022 release wave 2
- Documentation - What is Power Pages?
- Themewagon template - HostPro – Free HTML5 Hosting Website Template
- Documentation - How to use the learning hub
- Previous topic related demos from Hugo
- Archives - Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Videos, Podcasts
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit | https://aka.ms/teams-toolkit
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit in Microsoft Learn | https://aka.ms/learn-mgt
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 Platform Community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365/videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- SPFx Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spfx
- Microsoft 365 developer program site - Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription - free tenant for 90 days with automatic renewal if used for dev purposes
- Viva Connections & SharePoint Framework call | Thursday, November 3, 7:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call (bi-weekly)
- Microsoft 365 platform call | Tuesday, November 8, 8:00 am PT – https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call (weekly)
- Office add-in monthly call | Wednesday, November 9, 8:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall (monthly)
- Microsoft 365 General Dev call | Thursday, November 10, 7:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig (bi-weekly)
- Adaptive Cards monthly call | Thursday, November 10, 9:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall (monthly)
- Power Platform monthly call | Wednesday, November 16, 8:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall (monthly)
- Microsoft Identity Platform call | Thursday, November 17, 9:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar (monthly)
Microsoft 365 Platform community call focuses on latest Microsoft 365 Platform updates and demos delivered by Microsoft presenters and takes place weekly on Tuesday. The alternating Special Interest Group community calls each Thursday focus on SharePoint Framework (client-side development/implementation) and Microsoft 365 Platform (includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Power Automate, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics.) with demos commonly delivered by community members.
More details on the Microsoft 365 community from https://aka.ms/m365pnp.
You can download recurrent invite for this call from https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from https://aka.ms/m365pnp.
"Sharing is caring"
Microsoft 365 Platform Community team, Microsoft - 1st of November 2022