Microsoft 365 Platform Community Call - 8th of November, 2022
Welcome to the weekly call focused on capabilities of the Microsoft 365 platform. In this call, we highlight recently announced and key existing developer resources, news, community events and three demos.
- Samples – Microsoft 365 Unified Sample Solution Gallery - aka.ms/m365/samples now with more than 1415 samples from Microsoft and community.
- Article – Breaking changes for the Microsoft Graph Insights API – Microsoft Graph team
- Article – Customizing F5 debugging in Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code - Tomomi Imura (Microsoft) | @girlie_mac
- Article – Announcing the new SharePoint Pages API in Microsoft Graph – SharePoint team
- Article – How to Build OKRs into Your Business - Lucy Hitz (Microsoft)
- Article – Learn About Knowledge Sharing Through Viva Topics at KMWorld November 7-10, 2022 - Tehzeeb Versey-Patel (Microsoft)
- Article – SharePoint Roadmap Pitstop: October 2022 - Mark Kashman (Microsoft) | @mkashman
- Article – Microsoft Teams progressive web app now available on Linux - Anupam Pattnaik (Microsoft)
- Article – Microsoft Teams performance improves with framework upgrade – ChenJeff (Microsoft)
- Article – Answering 6 Common Microsoft Teams Phone Questions - Daniela Chocron (Microsoft)
- Microsoft Teams Platform Updates
- Avoid throttling in SharePoint Online by using RateLimit headers in API calls – to regulate request traffic for optimized throughput. Demystifying SharePoint throttling. Start with terminology review - user and application throttling, resource units and quota, and RateLimit headers. Review throttling handler calls from Microsoft Graph, SharePoint REST, and SharePoint CSOM. Demo of sample allows you to test your app calls and decide if need to use RateLimit headers. Resources and answers to 6 typical questions.
- Build your first Workflow bot for Microsoft Teams with Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code – go from zero to orders hero in minutes. What is a workflow tool and Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code? Use these tools to create a project, run the new bot for first time, a very comprehensive look through the files/code, live coding to create a restaurant order form (Adaptive Cards), capture data, and conclude with summary and resources.
The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
- Latest updates and news on the Microsoft 365 platform – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 7:14
- Microsoft Teams Platform updates – Wajeed Shaikh (Microsoft) | @Wajeed_Shaikh – 10:00
- Demo - Avoid throttling in SharePoint Online by using RateLimit headers in API calls – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) | @O365Bert – 13:28
- Demo - Build your first Workflow bot for Microsoft Teams with Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code – Garry Trinder (Microsoft) | @garrytrinder – 39:44
Thank you for your creativity and work execution. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Really awesome to see many familiar faces on the call. Perhaps we will meet in-person in Las Vegas or Copenhagen in an in-person conference later this year.
- Opt into PnP Recognition Program – aka.ms/m365pnp-recognition
- Register for upcoming Sharing is Caring events:
- Register for the Microsoft 365 Developer Program and get a free developer tenant
- Get started with free training modules covering Microsoft 365 platform capabilities.
- Visit the Microsoft 365 Unified Sample Solution Gallery with more than 1400 samples from Microsoft and community.
- Request a Demo spot on the call – aka.ms/m365pnp/request/demo
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- Avoid throttling in SharePoint Online by using RateLimit headers in API calls
- Sample - Using RateLimit headers to optimize the throttling behavior | aka.ms/sharepoint/throttling
- Documentation - Using RateLimit headers to optimize the throttling behavior
- Repo Standard - Rate Limit fields for HTTP
- Documentation - Best practices for discovering files and detecting changes at scale (Scan Guidance) | aka.ms/scanguidance
- Build your first Workflow bot for Microsoft Teams with Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- Archives - Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Videos, Podcasts
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit | https://aka.ms/teams-toolkit
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit in Microsoft Learn | https://aka.ms/learn-mgt
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 Platform Community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365/videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- SPFx Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spfx
- Microsoft 365 developer program site - Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription - free tenant for 90 days with automatic renewal if used for dev purposes
- Office add-in monthly call | Wednesday, November 9, 8:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall (monthly)
- Microsoft 365 General Dev call | Thursday, November 10, 7:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig (bi-weekly)
- Adaptive Cards monthly call | Thursday, November 10, 9:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall (monthly)
- Microsoft 365 platform call | Tuesday, November 15, 8:00 am PT – https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call (weekly)
- Power Platform monthly call | Wednesday, November 16, 8:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall (monthly)
- Viva Connections & SharePoint Framework call | Thursday, November 17, 7:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call (bi-weekly)
- Microsoft Identity Platform call | Thursday, November 17, 9:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar (monthly)
Microsoft 365 Platform community call focuses on latest Microsoft 365 Platform updates and demos delivered by Microsoft presenters and takes place weekly on Tuesday. The alternating Special Interest Group community calls each Thursday focus on SharePoint Framework (client-side development/implementation) and Microsoft 365 Platform (includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Power Automate, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics.) with demos commonly delivered by community members.
More details on the Microsoft 365 community from https://aka.ms/m365pnp.
You can download recurrent invite for this call from https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from https://aka.ms/m365pnp.
"Sharing is caring"
Microsoft 365 Platform Community team, Microsoft - 8th of November 2022