Microsoft 365 Platform Community Call - 24th of January, 2023
Welcome to the weekly call focused on capabilities of the Microsoft 365 platform. In this call, we highlight recently announced and key existing developer resources, news, community events and two demos.
- Samples – Microsoft 365 Unified Sample Solution Gallery - aka.ms/m365/samples now with more than 1465 samples from Microsoft and community.
- Agenda set for next Microsoft 365 platform call - Tuesday, January 31st, 8:00 am PT.
- Latest news from Microsoft engineering on Microsoft 365 topics
- Nancy Handa & Anshuman Gaur – Introduction to Microsoft Viva Home
- Tomas Chladek – Introduction to Azure Communication Services
- Latest news from Microsoft engineering on Microsoft 365 topics
- Article – How to implement proactive notifications in Microsoft Teams using Power Automate or Azure Logic App - Alexis Kinzelin (Microsoft)
- Microsoft 365 Developer Podcast - Update on development with new Outlook for Windows with Ashima Mathur and Juan Balmori Labra (January 22nd) | podcast
- Microsoft 365 Developer Podcast - Partner Showcase: Rencore Governance with Mattias Einig, CEO of Rencore and longtime Microsoft MVP (January 17th)| podcast
- Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly – Episode 194 (January 23rd) with US-based Developer, Speaker, Podcaster, Group Manager, Modern Workplace Architect, Microsoft MVP - Mark Rackley (Avanade) | @mrackley | video | podcast
- Roadmap updates on SPFx for Microsoft Viva, Microsoft Teams, and more – meet the 36-member Team focused on the evolution of SPFx, quickly review what’s available in v1.16, then deep dive into what may be shipped in v1.17, i.e., Adaptive Cards v1.5 schema support for Viva ACE Cards, bump to Teams manifest v1.13 and more, more. Hear about aspirations beyond v.1.17 like Bot driven ACEs, notifications in Viva Connections, move Cache APIs to GA and still more!
- Creating Viva Connections SPFx ACE with geo-location capabilities – create a SPFx ACE with the Primary Text Card template that uses the geo location capabilities in Viva Connections. Scenario - campus shuttle service. The ACE is for shuttle diver with mobile device. Book a trip, indicate travel status – on route, pick up, drop off. All details stored in a SharePoint list. Push and Pop QuickView Card (activities) in stack. Exercise 3, Viva Connections learn module.
The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
00:00 – Intro
08:13 – Together mode picture
55:46 – Closing
Thank you for your creativity and work execution. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Thank you everyone for being in the Community. Awesome to have you here in the call and photo today.
- Opt into PnP Recognition Program – aka.ms/m365pnp-recognition
- Register for upcoming Sharing Is Caring events:
- Register for the Microsoft 365 Developer Program and get a free developer tenant
- Get started with free training modules covering Microsoft 365 platform capabilities.
- Visit the Microsoft 365 Unified Sample Solution Gallery with more than 1400 samples from Microsoft and community.
- Request a Demo spot on the call – aka.ms/m365pnp/request/demo
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – aka.ms/m365-dev-call
Roadmap updates on SPFx for Microsoft Viva, Microsoft Teams, and more
Creating Viva Connections SPFx ACE with geo-location capabilities
- Learn Module - Create Adaptive Card Extensions (ACE) for Microsoft Viva Connections | aka.ms/viva/ace/learn
- Learn Exercise - Exercise - Create an SPFx ACE with geo-location capabilities
- Demo (#1 in this series) - Introduction to Microsoft Viva ACE development learn module - Getting started – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen & Andrew Connell (Voitanos) | @andrewconnell
- Demo (#2 in this series) - Create an SPFx Image Card ACE displaying image carousel - ACE learning module – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen & Andrew Connell (Voitanos) | @andrewconnell
- Archives - Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Videos, Podcasts
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit | https://aka.ms/teams-toolkit
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit in Microsoft Learn | https://aka.ms/learn-mgt
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 Platform Community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365/videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- SPFx Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spfx
- Microsoft 365 developer program site - Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription - free tenant for 90 days with automatic renewal if used for dev purposes
- Viva Connections & SharePoint Framework call | Thursday, January 26, 7:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call (bi-weekly)
- Microsoft 365 platform call | Tuesday, January 31, 8:00 am PT – https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call (weekly)
- Microsoft 365 General Dev call | Thursday, February 2, 7:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig (bi-weekly)
- Office add-in monthly call | Wednesday, February 8, 8:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall (monthly)
- Power Platform monthly call | Wednesday, February 15, 8:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall (monthly)
- Microsoft Identity Platform call | Thursday, February 16, 9:00 am PT - https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar (monthly)
Microsoft 365 Platform community call focuses on latest Microsoft 365 Platform updates and demos delivered by Microsoft presenters and takes place weekly on Tuesday. The alternating Special Interest Group community calls each Thursday focus on SharePoint Framework (client-side development/implementation) and Microsoft 365 Platform (includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Power Automate, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics.) with demos commonly delivered by community members.
More details on the Microsoft 365 community from https://aka.ms/m365pnp.
You can download recurrent invite for this call from https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from https://aka.ms/m365pnp.
"Sharing is caring"
Microsoft 365 Platform Community team, Microsoft - 24th of January 2023