Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Episode 164
In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – VesaJuvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by Belgium based Consultant, Office Development MVP ElioStruyf (Struyf Consulting) | @eliostruyf.
- Presently Elio is building VS Code extensions/tooling for Rapid API
- About Rapid API – app store for APIs - a very practical Graph like proxy service model.
- Elio’s work on Front Matter - a CMS (extension) that runs within Visual Studio Code - the post’s metadata. And how this open-source contribution generated an interview and job!
- On being recognized as a GitHub Star.
- Tips to young people considering a career in development.
We also covered 2 events along with 17 articles/videos published by Microsoft and the PnP Community in the last week.
- Waldek – final prep for 2-hour session at Microsoft Tech Days on Thursday, May 5, 2022. Planning while reflecting on past year’s learnings at Microsoft, a new project that can’t be discussed, continuation of POC work to enable Angular Devs to create Teams tabs with SSO, and always evaluating/adding features to CLI for Microsoft 365.
- Vesa – final prep for 2-hour session at Microsoft Tech Days on Thursday, May 5, 2022. Coordinating 2 community calls for this week. Plans for community engagement during Summer. Small details planning for Microsoft Build – May 24–26, 2022.
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded on Monday, May 2, 2022. Enjoy the show.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
What’s New in Microsoft Teams | April 2022 - Microsoft
Announcing General Availability (GA) for In-app notifications in Model-driven apps - Adrian Orth (Microsoft)
Meet the developers combining Power Platform and Azure to go faster - Sameer Bhangar (Microsoft)
- Microsoft Tech Days - Have a seat with Microsoft 365 developer platform | Thursday, May 5, 2022
- Microsoft Build 2022- May 24-26 2022 - Latest innovations in code and application development
- Microsoft 365 Platform Blog - New location for the Microsoft 365 Platform Blog
- Style your command bar with formatting magic - Jasey Waegebaert (GMI Group)
- CLI for Microsoft 365 v5.2 - Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm
- How to rename files in SharePoint with Power Automate - Luise Freese | @LuiseFreese
- SharePoint Syntex: Testing Out New Refinement Rules for Document Understanding Extractor Models - Leon Armston (Intelogy) | @LeonArmston
- Accessible Colors in Microsoft List Formatting - Stefan Bauer (N8D) - @StfBauer
- Using PnP DataRows to update document field values - Joel Rodrigues (Storm Technology Ltd) | @JoelFMRodrigues
- Using low-code to categorize meetings in outlook - Albert-Jan Schot (BLIS Digital) | @appieschot
- Microsoft Search Connectors Licensing - Agnes Molnar (Search Explained) | @molnaragnes
- How to create your first Microsoft Teams bot and deploy it to Azure - Laura Kokkarinen (Sulava) | @LauraKokkarinen
- Episode #203 - Using the PnP People Picker control in SPFx solutions - Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) | @PaoloPia
- SharePoint Troubleshooting and Updating with Power Apps and Power Automate - Shane Young (PowerApps911) | @ShanesCows
- 365 EduCon - Seattle and PWR EduCon - Seattle - May 9-13, 2022
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Want to ask a question or in general engage with the community - Add a question as an issue in the Microsoft 365 Platform Community blog repository at https://github.com/pnp/blog
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365pnp
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!” 🧡