Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Episode 166
In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by US-based Principal PM Lead – DevDiv – VS extensions Pierce Boggan (Microsoft) | @pierceboggan.
- Career journey from school to Software Developer at start-up Xamarin, to Microsoft.
- Moving into a people manager role (lead) – requires right mental mindset before stepping into role.
- The DevDiv or informally the Client App Innovation team’s role within Microsoft is partnering with all Microsoft 365 orgs on creating awesome experiences for developers - make developers successful.
- How apps are being built have changed dramatically in recent years. The focus is on blending the best parts of pro code and low code for optimal developer/citizen developer experiences.
- Value the newcomer’s perspective.
- Be intentional - discover a new technology, learn something new, share observations and make a new friend in the process.
- Use the same product your customer is using and personally experience the pain and delight working with the product.
- Mentor and be mentored.
- Enjoy and enthusiastically crave learning and growing.
- Why create apps with Teams Toolkit? 1) It exposes you to the right content at the time, 2) It has a really fast inner dev loop and 3) It has a stated way to do cloud development including ease of adding Microsoft 365 and Azure Cloud resources to your project using Bicep to deploy and manage Azure resources.
- Announced 3 new features in Teams Toolkit that will be announced at Microsoft Build 2022
- Scenario driven development templates – for notification and command & response style bots. (Preview now)
- Integration with other Microsoft 365 services. Build for Teams, Outlook and Office using the Teams Toolkit. F5 to Outlook and F5 to Office experiences now. (Preview now)
- Integrated Tunneling (Preview soon) yet another integrated F5 experience.
- Attend Microsoft Build May 24–26, 2022, and frequent the Microsoft 365 Developer Blog for late breaking announcements.
- Documentation - Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio
Also, we showcased 13 articles/videos published by Microsoft and the PnP Community in the last week.
- Waldek – during the May 17 Microsoft 365 Platform community call Paolo Pialorsi and Waldek will be showing off a Microsoft 365 app made accessible to employees with Viva Connections. Always focused on building and releasing new features for CLI for Microsoft 365.
- Vesa – community calls and coordination, SPFx v1.15 preview update this week, evaluating deprecations for older SharePoint components, and Microsoft Build
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded on Monday, May 16, 2022. Enjoy the show.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Microsoft Teams Webinars: Celebrating One Year Together - Microsoft
- Building real-time collaborative apps with Microsoft 365, Azure and Power Platform - Ayça Baş (Microsoft) | @aycabs
- Publish your app in the Microsoft Teams app store - Bob German (Microsoft) | @Bob1German
- Announcing changes to Office Add-ins’ ExecuteFunction commands - Microsoft
- Access Migration to Power Apps and Dataverse is released to General Availability - Nathan Helgren (Microsoft)
- How to Modify SharePoint List Toolbar Buttons with List Formatting - April Dunnam (Microsoft) | @aprildunnam
- Microsoft Build 2022- May 24-26 2022 - Latest innovations in code and application development
- Adam Wójcik and Martin Lingstuyl join CLI for Microsoft 365 maintainers team - Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm
- hTWOo Version 1.0 release – spfx-uifabric-themes deprecated - Stefan Bauer (N8D) | @StfBauer
- CLI for Microsoft 365 extension - Adam Wójcik (Hitachi Energy) | @Adam25858782
- Setting debug for Microsoft 365 CLI - Robert Dyjas (EQTek) | @robdyy
- Automate creation of new documents with SharePoint Syntex Content Assembly - Chris O’Brien (Content+Cloud) | @ChrisO_Brien
- Episode #205 - Using the PnP Carousel control in SPFx solutions - Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) | @PaoloPia
- 365 EduCon - Seattle and PWR EduCon - Seattle - May 9-13, 2022
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365pnp
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!” 🧡