Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Episode 167
In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – VesaJuvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by Helsinki-based software engineer, PowerShell maintainer and Office Apps and Services MVP Gautam Sheth (Valo Solutions) | @gautamdsheth.
- How he got to Valo – hint: community contributions mattered.
- Why may an employer encourage you to contribute to open source?
- The day in the life of a product software engineer.
- Moving from project work to product work.
- What are Valo Solutins?
- How to keep up with changes across Microsoft’s product line?
- What was the one technology mind blow in the past 3 months?
- What’s next for PnP PowerShell?
Also, we showcased 9 articles/videos published by Microsoft and the PnP Community in the last week.
- Gautam – moving projects from .NET to .NET Core due to significant benefits.
- Waldek – Subject Matter Expert at Microsoft Build 2022, working on internal projects and reviews, and as always feature enhancements for CLI for Microsoft 365.
- Vesa – shedding wisdom teeth, Microsoft Build 2022 activities and the next version of SPFx Beta.
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded on Monday, May 20, 2022, for release on Tuesday, May 24th. Enjoy the show.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Microsoft Teams app is now available in the Microsoft Store - Microsoft
- What’s new and next in Viva Connections – May - Mike Holste (Microsoft) | @Mike_Holste
- Most used SharePoint Framework solutions from the Store - April 2022 - Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen
- Microsoft Build - Microsoft 365 platform sessions - Microsoft
- Microsoft Build 2022- May 24-26 2022 - Latest innovations in code and application development
- SPFx Basics: Configure NPM for a coporate web proxy - Andrew Connell (Voitanos) | @andrewconnell
- Microsoft, you are breaking my heart: the Embed Web Part and Feedback Links - Emily Mancini (Sympraxis Consulting) | @EEMancini
- Episode #206 - Using the PnP Pagination control in SPFx solutions - Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) | @PaoloPia
- Power Apps: Mapping Plot Points - April Dunnam (Microsoft) | @aprildunnam
- Adaptive Card Extension Design Gallery for Viva Connections in app source
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365pnp
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!” 🧡