Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Episode 170
In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – VesaJuvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by Kraków, Poland based SharePoint developer at Valo Solutions - Marcin Wojciechowski | @mgwojciech.
- First started on SharePoint back in the day when: If you have a problem, SharePoint will solve it!
- Why the move from consultancy projects to product development was extremely refreshing.
- Importance of quality assurance and risk management when developing and testing for performance and scale in a process driven environment of continuous delivery and continuous integration.
- Advice to technical grads - “Have fun at your work, eventually you will get good at it” and “never write a call you don’t understand.”
- Development tools you might want to consider.
- Marcin’s tips for staying on top of latest technology.
- Development tools mentioned:
- Articles mentioned - How to be better at twitter and How to be better at twitter - part 2 | Luise Freese | @LuiseFreese
Also, we showcased 24 articles/tweets/videos published by Microsoft and the PnP Community in the last week.
- Waldek – yes, interesting stuff
- Vesa – interesting stuff, yes
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded on Monday, June 13, 2022.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- How Microsoft is equipping manufacturing workers with the tools of the future - Emma Williams (Microsoft) | @emmawil35
- Crafting a new hybrid meeting room experience at Microsoft with Microsoft Teams - Lukas Velush (Microsoft)
- Expanding background noise suppression across platforms and scenarios - Mehrsa Golestaneh (Microsoft)
- New cultural site template: Pride Month (June 2022) - Quentin Mackey (Microsoft) | @mackey_quentin
- SharePoint Roadmap Pitstop: May 2022 - Mark Kashman (Microsoft) | @mkashman
- Application permissions for Bookings APIs in Microsoft Graph now available - Microsoft
- Microsoft Teams JS SDK v2 is now generally available - Rabia Williams (Microsoft) | @williamsrabia
- Enable single sign-on in a tab app - Microsoft
- Quick overview of Microsoft Power Pages - Favour Adekunle | @favour_adeshina
- Understanding Data Connectors with Microsoft Power Apps - Favour Adekunle | @favour_adeshina
- Getting started with unit testing SPFx - Marcin Wojciechowski (Valo Solutions) | @mgwojciech
- How to Publish Major Version in SharePoint using Microsoft Power Automate - Ram Prakash Duraisamy | @rampprakashd
- Multiple home sites for Viva Connections - Daniel Glenn (InfoWorks, Inc) | @DanielGlenn, Darrell Webster (Modern Workplace Change) | @darrellaas
- SharePoint Content Assembly - hints and tips - Chris O’Brien (Content+Cloud) | @ChrisO_Brien
- Microsoft Learning: Create interactive meeting apps for Microsoft Teams - Andrew Connell (Voitanos) | @Andrewconnell
- Have a seat with Microsoft 365 developer platform - Albert-Jan Schot (BLIS Digital) | @appieschot
- Microsoft Tech Days: Have a seat with Microsoft 365 developer platform - Recording - Microsoft & Community
- Updating list views JSON formatters for a SharePoint list using Power Automate - Michel Mendes | @Michelcarlo
- Scottish Summit 2022: Session Companion Post - Paul Bullock (Avanade) | @pkbullock
- Scoutman’s Swiss Army Knife for Microsoft 365 automation with scripts - Rodrigo Pinto (Storm Technology) | @scoutmanpt
- Tweet - Adam Wójcik - CLI for Microsoft 365 VS Code extension release 1.5.4 - Adam Wójcik (Hitachi Energy) | @Adam25858782
- Tweet - Julie Turner (Sympraxis) - PnPjs 3.4 release - Julie Turner (Sympraxis Consulting) | @jfj1997
- Episode #209 - Using the PnP DragDropFiles control in SPFx solutions - Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) | @PaoloPia
- Power Apps Review, Troubleshooting, and Optimization - Shane Young (PowerApps911) | @ShanesCows
- Release Notes for PnPjs v3.4.1
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365/community
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!” 🧡