Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Episode 174
In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by Oslo Norway based Power Platform Architect Lead and MVP at Avanade - Ahmad Najjar | @ahmadn82
- What attracted you to the Microsoft Power Platform back in 2016? Thoughts on Platform evolution since that time and on Partner opportunities?
- What is the need for a Power Platform Architect? The need is for a specialist’s guidance on using the Power Platform correctly including governance, policies, control of data, and to address functionality gaps remains necessary. And yes, professional developers are still needed as well!
- Why use the Microsoft Power Platform vs other options? What about quality vs speed – a balance or shift rather than a tradeoff.
- Why are you contributing to the open-source Power Platform Independent Publisher Connector program? It’s about the Community.
- What are your top 3 picks on Microsoft Power Platform 2022 release wave 2 features?
Also, we showcased 28 articles/videos published by Microsoft and the PnP Community in the last week.
- Waldek – catch-up and meetings.
- Vesa – catch-up and meetings.
- Ahmad - continuing on authoring a Power Automate “cookbook” and on prepping presentations and workshops for upcoming conferences – Nordic Summit and ESPC22.
- Documentation - Microsoft Power Platform: 2022 release wave 2 plan
- Event – Nordic Summit - a FREE Power Platform and Dynamics 365 community event – Stockholm, Sweden, 24 September, 2022
- Event – European SharePoint, Office 365 & Azure Conference 2022 (ESPC22), Copenhagen, Denmark, 28 November - 1 December, 2022
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded on Monday, August 15, 2022.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Announcing Microsoft Teams optimized for Apple silicon - Anupam Pattnaik
- What’s New in Microsoft Teams | July 2022 - Holly Lehman (Microsoft) | @Lehman__Holly
- SharePoint Roadmap Pitstop: July 2022 - Mark Kashman (Microsoft) | @mkashman
- Most used SharePoint Framework solutions from the Store - July 2022 - Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen
- Announcing Microsoft Loop component developer private preview - Tricia Van Hollebeke (Microsoft)
- eDiscovery API for Microsoft Graph is now generally available - Microsoft
- Announcing general availability of Azure Fluid Relay service - Mathangi Chakrapani (Microsoft) & Pranshu Kumar (Microsoft)
- Post notifications to Microsoft Teams with .NET using Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio - John Miller (Microsoft)
- Announcing SharePoint Framework 1.15.2 with updates for Viva Connections, Microsoft Teams and SharePoint - Microsoft
- Viva Goals is now generally available! - Lucy Hitz (Microsoft)
- Announcing Microsoft Viva Sales public preview: The future of work for salespeople - Lori Lamkin
- Announcing employee learning API for Viva Learning - Andrea Lum
- August 2022 – Language support and management updates for Viva Topics - Chris McNulty (Microsoft) | @cmcnulty2000
- M365 Development Security - From full trust to ZeroTrust - Markus Möller (Avanade) | @Moeller2_0
- 7 reasons to contribute to the community - Martin Lingstuyl | @martinlingstuyl
- Power Query ETL Capabilities - Benny Ifeanyi Iheagwara | @Bennykillua
- Creating a SharePoint site using the configuration of another site with PnP Powershell - Lewis Baybutt | @lowcodelewis
- Delete all redirect sites after tenant rename - Reshmee Auckloo | @ReshmeeAuckloo
- How to Display Data from Multiple SharePoint Lists using PnPjs and DataTables - Arash Aghajani (Spot Solutions) | ArashAghajani
- CLI for Microsoft 365 v5.6 - Garry Trinder (Microsoft) | @garrytrinder
- Updating your list forms using your provision tool of choice - Kasper Larsen (Fellowmind) | @kasperbolarsen
- Run Azure DevOps Pipelines by uninvited users to projects from Power Platform - Duvan Baena
- CLI for Microsoft 365 - how cool is that? - Tips and tricks - Adam Wójcik | @Adam25858782
- Teams Meeting Details with Bot Framework SDK - Markus Möller (Avanade) | @Moeller2_0
- PnP Script Sample: Force a User Profile Property Index - Todd Klindt (Sympraxis Consulting) | @ToddKlindt
- SharePoint-Based Intranets – Leave the Designers at Home - Marc D Andersopn (Sympraxis Consulting) | @sympmarc
- Identifying Syntex use cases - how the SharePoint Syntex assessment tool can help - Chris O’Brien (Content+Cloud) | @ChrisO_Brien
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365/community
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!” 🧡