Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Episode 175
In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by Redmond-based Principal Software Engineer for Microsoft Graph - Gavin Barron (Microsoft) | @gavinbarron
- Reflections on the recent transition from ISV/MVP to Microsoft Corporate employee.
- Observations on cultural differences between living in US and New Zealand.
- Thoughts on working in a matrixed global organization.
- Deciding about working in a software engineering vs a PM role.
- What does a principal software engineer do for a living and more specifically on the Microsoft Graph Team?
- About the Dev interview at Microsoft and 3-5 preparation tips for interviewing at Microsoft.
- Vincent Biret’s article on PM vs Software engineer role.
Also, we showcased 15 articles/videos published by Microsoft and the PnP Community in the last week.
- Gavin – diligently working on Microsoft Graph Toolkit v3.0 release with latest Fluent UI alignment along with a release on the v2 branch later this month. Follow developments at aka.ms/mgt.
- Waldek – planning and finalizing plans. Delivering session on extending list forms using SharePoint Framework (SPFx) on Thursday and continued work on presentations and demos for upcoming conferences.
- Vesa – community related discussions, prepping the SPFx 1.16 preview and Microsoft Teams JS SDK v2 update in SFFx.
Thinking like a Principal Software Engineer, should we have the capability (related to Power Apps article discussed in this session) to auto-generate code for Microsoft Teams apps, SharePoint Framework applications, etc.? Will you relate to us a scenario for integrating SPFx and Power Apps? In what cases would you think about writing Power Apps components for SPFx? Please get back to us.
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded on Monday, August 22, 2022.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Power Automate for desktop – August 2022 update - Yiannis Mavridis (Microsoft)
- SharePoint cloud actions in Power Automate for Desktop: Introducing cloud connectors in desktop flows - James Papadimitriou (Microsoft)
- Automatically create a Power App from a REST API - Chris Baldwin (Microsoft)
- Jasey Waegebaert and Milan Holemans join CLI for Microsoft 365 maintainers team - Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm
- Get started with planning your Power Apps components properly - Luise Freese | @LuiseFreese
- How to monitor build host agent from power platform - Duvan Baena (Globo Studio de Colombia S.A.S) | @djb349
- Auto-configuring SharePoint Sites With Site Templates — The Setup From Start To Finish - Laura Kokkarinen (Sulava) | @LauraKokkarinen
- Dependency injection using SPFx ServiceScope - Marcin Wojciechowski (Valo Intranet) | @mgwojciech
- Batching MS Graph requests from multiple SPFx packages - Marcin Wojciechowski (Valo Intranet) | @mgwojciech
- Work apps need work data - Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm
- Teams Meeting App API in Bot activity handlers - Markus Möller (Avanade) | @Moeller2_0
- PnPjs v3.6 release announcement - Microsoft 365 PnPjs
- Episode #218 - Using the Search Results Web Part of PnP Modern Search - Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys.com) | @PaoloPia
- CSS Basics for Low Code Devs - April Dunnam (Microsoft) | @aprildunnam
- Power Hour: Power Apps Export To CSV (using flow) - Laura Rogers (IW Mentor) | @wonderlaura & Joelle Jobson (IW Mentor) | @Joelle_Shmoelle
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365/community
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!” 🧡