Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Episode 176
In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by Netherlands-based Daniel Laskewitz, Microsoft Senior Cloud Developer Advocate – Power Platform | @laskewitz
- About joining Microsoft less than one month ago.
- Can one be a Power Platform Developer without regarding Microsoft 365, Azure, Dynamics?
- How do you see the evolution of low/no code capabilities in SharePoint, Office 365, Microsoft 365?
- Is low/no code – enabling the mainstream information worker now?
- How do pro devs, fusion developers truly benefit from what the Power Platform has to offer? Understand 2 concurrent movements, the selection of the right tool for the job, and avoiding the temptation to recreate SharePoint in a Power App!
- Tips on joining Microsoft as a cloud developer advocate or any role in general.
- How to prepare to interview for a Power Platform cloud advocate position.
- Documentation - Overview of Microsoft Power Platform pro development 2021 release wave 1
- Documentation - Fusion development in Power Platform
- Video - Listen to the WHY of the Power Platform with Charles Lamanna
- Newsletter - Power Platform Developers Weekly
- Newsletter - Power Platform Weekly
- Documentation - Rich pro developer tooling
- Training - FastTrack Recognized Solution Architects—Power Platform
Also, we showcased 15 articles/videos published by Microsoft and the PnP Community in the last week.
- Daniel – working on a workshop for Power Platform Conference that highlights a particular feature of the Power Platform along with work on custom connectors.
- Waldek – shipped CLI for Microsoft 365 v5.7 today, refining plans for delivering other capabilities later this year and early next year, and on event materials development.
- Vesa – released SPFx v1.16 (preview) today that leverages Microsoft Teams JS SDK v2 – blog post soon. Kicking off promotion of Viva Connections toolkit preview this week.
Thinking like a Principal Software Engineer, should we have the capability (related to Power Apps article discussed in this session) to auto-generate code for Microsoft Teams apps, SharePoint Framework applications, etc.? Will you relate to us a scenario for integrating SPFx and Power Apps? In what cases would you think about writing Power Apps components for SPFx? Please get back to us.
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded on Monday, August 29, 2022.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- From intuitive sharing with OneDrive to driving prioritization with Viva Goals—here’s what’s new in Microsoft 365 - Colette Stallbaumer (Microsoft)
- Introducing Adoption Score – helping customers get the most out of Microsoft 365 - James Bell (Microsoft) | @james__bell
- Use Microsoft Lists for your next marketing campaign (+ video) - Mark Kashman (Microsoft) | @mkashman
- New tools for integrating Microsoft Teams calling capabilities into applications - Tomas Chladek (Microsoft) & Bindu Pillai (Microsoft)
- Microsoft Viva Engage is now generally available - Michael Holste (Microsoft) | @mike_holste
- Build a productivity dashboard with Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio - Ayça Baş (Microsoft) | @aycabs
- How Cloud Storage Partners integrate their services with Microsoft Teams and Office - Ben Summers (Microsoft) | @bensum365
- All Things Microsoft Cloud: Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Graph - Yina Arenas (Microsoft) | @yina_arenas, Ayca Bas (Microsoft) | @Aycabs & Dan Wahlin (Microsoft) | @DanWahlin
- CLI for Microsoft 365 v5.7 - Adam Wójcik (Hitachi Energy) - @Adam25858782
- Series: Build Power Apps that don’t look like Power Apps - Material Design part - Luise Freese | @LuiseFreese
- Use Microsoft Graph delta approach to increase performance getting SharePoint list items - Markus Moeller (Avanade) | @Moeller2_0
- Getting notified of service incidents in Microsoft Teams - Martin Lingstuyl | @Martinlingstuy
- Episode #219 - Using the Search Filters Web Part of PnP Modern Search - Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys.com) | @PaoloPia
- Getting Started with Microsoft Graph and PowerShell - Travis Roberts (RBA) | @Ciraltos
- Let’s go! Learn SPFx Today! | Build a webpart using PnP and ReactJS - INTRODUCTION PART 2 of 5 - Rob Pearmain (yorcloud) | @robertpearmain
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365/community
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!” 🧡