Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Episode 183
In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by Italy based Solution Architect Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) | @paolopia
- PiaSys’ and their customers business focus areas – solutions, projects, products.
- Bridging the gap between clouds and a Microsoft 365 solution hosted on AWS cloud back-end.
- Recent return from Collabdays - Belgium 2022, that included delivering a session on Becoming a Microsoft Graph Ninja.
- The return to in-person conferences, benefit of in-person interactions and thoughts on the future of hybrid conferences.
- Paolo’s community contributions over the years.
- Latest new features in the PnP provisioning engine.
- Creating win win solutions that benefit both customer and community.
- Observations on what makes a successful open-source project.
- Top-of-mind Ignite announcement highlights.
Also, we showcased 14 articles/videos published by Microsoft and the PnP Community in the last week.
- Paolo – working on customer projects and demo prep for this Thursday’s Viva Connections & SharePoint Framework Bi-weekly sync call on how to use on-behalf-of (OBO) flow within SharePoint Framework.
- Waldek – reviewing Hacktoberfest PRs, ideating program to expose non-Microsoft 365 developers to Microsoft Graph without forcing developers to spend days learning Auth.
- Vesa – meetings, SPFx v1.16 beta release this week, recording Viva videos, and random assignments.
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded on Monday, October 17, 2022.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Microsoft Ignite 2022 - Book of News - Microsoft
- Microsoft 365 at Ignite—Re-energize your workforce in the office, at home, and everywhere in between - Jared Spataro (Microsoft) | @jared_spataro
- Welcome to Microsoft Syntex—Content AI integrated in the flow of work - Seth Patton (Microsoft) | @SethPat
- Microsoft Teams blog - Ignite 2022 announcements - Microsoft
- Microsoft Viva blog - Ignite 2022 announcements - Microsoft
- Microsoft 365 Developer blog - ignite 2022 announcements - Microsoft
- Ignite 2022: Transforming collaboration with low and pro code dev tools - Ben Summers (Microsoft) | @bensum365
- Community Days - New event site for all Microsoft Cloud events
- How to Dynamically Set SPFx Property Pane Dropdowns - Andrew Connell (Voitanos) | @Andrewconnell
- Running applications with limited SharePoint permissions - Martin Lingstuyl (I4-YOU) | @martinlingstuyl
- PnPjs 3.8 release published
- Episode #226 - Extending users and devices with Microsoft Graph and Extension attributes - Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) | @PaoloPia
- Microsoft Ignite - My favorite Power Platform Announcements - April Dunnam (Microsoft) | @aprildunnam
- MFA. On for everyone? - Message Center Show Ep. 257 - Daniel Glenn (InfoWorks, Inc) | @DanielGlenn, Darrell Webster (Modern Workplace Change) | @darrellaas
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365/community
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!” 🧡