Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Episode 185
In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by Belgium based Microsoft 365 Development MVP and Consultant - Jasey Waegebaert (GMI group) | @jwaegebaert.
- Jasey’s recognition as an “Microsoft 365 Development MVP” in September 2022.
- Developing automation solutions for customers in the construction industry largely by tapping into APIs behind the scenes.
- On getting started with open-source and in a short time becoming a CLI for Microsoft 375 maintainer. Acknowledgement of the value of open-source.
- What has changed for Jasey since becoming an MVP 2 months ago?
- Tips to others on how they might prep to be recognized as an MVP.
- From school to present – career path stories from Jasey, Waldek and Vesa.
- Approach to learning about Microsoft 365 at large including tools, guidance and not getting overwhelmed in the process!
Also, we showcased 16 articles/videos published by Microsoft and the PnP Community in the last week.
- Jasey - follow-up tasks after releasing CLI for Microsoft 365 v5.9, prepping for 5 year anniversary of CLI for Microsoft 365 hosted on the CLI for Microsoft 365 Discord channel.
- Waldek – starting the 30 Days of Microsoft Graph Challenge aka.ms/30DaysOfMSGraph/Register on November 1st. Prepping for 5-year anniversary party for CLI for Microsoft 365 – November 17th. Finalizing presentation to be delivered during November 1st Microsoft 365 Platform call. Specifically, about adding a capability to your app that taps into Microsoft Graph logic to find and book a meeting slot with multiple meeting attendees within your org.
- Vesa – releasing SPFx v1.16 RC on Tuesday, Nov 1, and GA will likely follow in the next week. Community call details including the first ever demo of Microsoft Graph SharePoint Pages API.
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded on Monday, October 31, 2022.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Updated preview of the SharePoint Framework 1.16 - Microsoft
- Roll A Dice! Building a command bot for Microsoft Teams using Teams Toolkit with Visual Studio Code - Tomomi Imura (Microsoft) | @girlie_mac
- Microsoft 365 Developer Program instant sandbox update - Microsoft
- Announcing public preview of coauthoring in Modern app designer - Genia Trofimova (Microsoft)
- Announcing general availability of Power Apps Ideas - Norah Liu (Microsoft)
- Engage your maker community with the new Power Platform communication site template - Daniel Laskewitz (Microsoft) | @laskewitz
- CLI for Microsoft 365 v5.9 - Jasey Waegebaert (GMI group) | @jwaegebaert
- How to Find a Meeting Time and Schedule a Meeting on Microsoft 365 - Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm
- Taking Advantage of the Content Type Inheritance Model in SharePoint - Marc Anderson (Sympraxis Consulting) | @Sympmarc
- New home experience for Viva Connections desktop - Message Center Show Ep. 259 - Daniel Glenn (InfoWorks, Inc) | @DanielGlenn, Darrell Webster (Modern Workplace Change) | @darrellaas
- Build powerful Adaptive Card experiences for Teams using Cards for Power Apps - Michel Mendes (Avanade) | @michelcarlo
- SharePoint Lists to ER Diagram - Niklas Wilhelm (NetForce 365) | @NiklasWilhelm4
- NEW htwoo-react release 1.5.0 - hTWOo team
- Episode #228 - Extending Azure AD objects with Microsoft Graph and Open Schema Extensions - Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) | @PaoloPia
- How to create a Power Platform Hub or Community in SharePoint - Giuliano De Luca | @DeLucaGiulian
- QR Codes in Power Apps - Create, Download, PDF, and Email! - Shane Young (PowerApps911) | @shanescows
Here are the upcoming events from the centralized Community Days site where you can find in-person, hybrid and online events for Microsoft 365 and mroe.
Global AI Developer Day - November 2, New York, USA
Microsoft Community Days Mexico City 2022 - November 3-4, Mexico City, Mexico
Microsoft 365 / Dynamics 365 Ottawa Event - November 4, Ottawa, Canada
M365 Change Management Forum - November 7, Online
DYNUG Autum Conference - November 8-9, Oslo, Norway
Tech Summit Nigeria 2022 - November 9-10, Lgos, Nigeria
M365 Chicago - November 11-12, Online
Viva Explorers Community Day - UK - November 12, Manchester, United Kingdom
aMS Germany Microsoft Community Event 2022 - November 11-15, Aachen, Germany
Global AI Developer Days - Toronto - November 16-17, Toronto, Canada
M365 Saturday Coimbatore 2022 - November 19, Coimbatore, India
Collab Days Lisbon 2022 - November 26, Lisbon, Portugal
European SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure Conference 2022 - November 28 - December 1st, 2022, Copenhagen, Denmark
M365 Saturday Bangalore - December 3, Bengaluru, India
Microsoft 365 Conference - December 6-8, Las Vegas, NV, USA
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365/community
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!” 🧡