Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Episode 188
In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, host – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen and Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by Finland based Modern Work Lead and Microsoft MVP Karoliina Kettukari (Meltlake) | @kettukari.
Topics discussed in this session
- Customer maturity level - we have the technologies, now how do we best utilize them?
- What is the need for a Governance plan?
- What are simple Teams capabilities that deliver big impact?
- Employee Champions network as a way to communicate success, adoption, activity.
- How are people working and collaborating today?
- Too many communications tools used for same purposes. Need to minimize context switching.
- Governance starts at the team level.
- What is the demand for Viva across Scandinavia?
- Where should Microsoft invest on Viva?
- Tips on becoming an MVP.
- What are the most exciting Viva Features?
Also, we showcased 23 articles/videos published by Microsoft and the PnP Community in the last week.
- Karoliina – finishing up 2 presentations to be delivered at ESPC22 next week.
- Waldek – preparing CLI for Microsoft 365 v6.0 to go live at end of month Unveiling something exciting at ESPC22.
- Vesa – Prepping for ESPC22 keynote and community video work.
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded on Monday, November 21, 2022.
- Video at Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel.
- Podcast at https://pnpweekly.podbean.com.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Introducing Sign Language View for Teams Meetings - Chris Sano (Microsoft), Elisabeth Jones (Microsoft)
- The Future of Employee Learning - Andrea Lum (Microsoft)
- November 2022 update of Power Automate for desktop - Yiannis Mavridis (Microsoft)
- New Process Advisor template enables deeper insight into bot conversation flows - Henry Jammes (Microsoft)
- Update: Release of Modern Learn page in Power Apps! - Zankar Desai (Microsoft)
- Announcing general availability of SharePoint Framework 1.16 – Enabling SPFx across Microsoft 365 platform - Microsoft
- Build a stock update notification bot using C# and Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio - Garry Trinder (Microsoft) | @garrytrinder
- App Compliance Automation Tool for Microsoft 365 is now in public preview - Sreekanth Thirthala Venkata (Microsoft)
- Security, governance and privacy built into Microsoft Graph Data Connect - Philip Li (Microsoft)
- CLI for Microsoft 365 - how cool is that? - Permission commands - Adam Wójcik (Hitachi Energy) | @Adam25858782
- M365 Across App scenarios - Teams apps and SPFx - Markus Möller (Avanade) | @Moeller2_0
- Create a Table of Contents (TOC) on SharePoint Modern Pages - Keith Craigo (Applied Materials) | @KeithCraigo
- New Microsoft Syntex Freeform Document Processing Model & Syntex Model Renames - Leon Armston (Intelogy) | @LeonArmston
- SharePoint Online: Download files using JSON Formatting - Ganesh Sanap (Cognizant) | @GaneshSanap20
- Microsoft 365 – How to know which license I have assigned – non-admin user - Prasham Sabadra (Apexon) | @SabadraPrasham
- Create multi user real time apps in Power Apps - Pieter Veenstra (HybrIT Services) | @PieterVeenstra
- Updating User Profile Properties with the
Date no yearFormat - Marc D Anderson (Sympraxis Consulting) | @sympmarc
- Public Preview of Power BI and Microsoft Graph Integration - Message Center Show Ep. 262 - Daniel Glenn (InfoWorks, Inc) | @DanielGlenn, Darrell Webster (Modern Workplace Change) | @darrellaas
- Power Apps Get User Manager - April Dunnam (Microsoft) | @aprildunnam
- 📄 How to create or migrate SharePoint pages with Microsoft Graph API - Giuliano De Luca | @DeLucaGiulian
- Power Hour: SharePoint Page Scheduling & Approvals - Laura Rogers (IW Mentor) | @WonderLaura & Joelle Jobson (IW Mentor)
- Stop making useless Groups in Power Apps! Containers for the win - Shane Young (PowerApps911) | @shanescows
Here are the upcoming events from the centralized Community Days site where you can find in-person, hybrid and online events for Microsoft 365 and mroe.
Collab Days Lisbon 2022 - November 26, Lisbon, Portugal
European SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure Conference 2022 - November 28 - December 1st, 2022, Copenhagen, Denmark
M365 Saturday Bangalore - December 3, Bengaluru, India
Microsoft 365 Conference - December 6-8, Las Vegas, NV, USA
M365 Philly Virtual 2022 - December 15, Virtual
M365 Saturday Ahmedabad - January 7, 2023 - Ahmedabad, India
AMS Sophia-Antipolis - February 7, 2023 - Biot, France
M365 Conference - May 1-5, 2023
CollabDays Poland 2023 - May 13, 2023 - Warsaw, Poland
CollabDays Netherlands - June 10, 2023 - Utrecht, Netherlands
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365/community
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!” 🧡