Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Episode 191
In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, host – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen and Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by Microsoft Redmond based Visual Studio Development Program Manager - Julia Kasper | @Jujujuliakasper
- Julia’s path to becoming a Program Manager in Dev Div focused on the end-to-end developer experience using low code tooling – Power Platform with and other products across Microsoft.
- Difference between the Feature PM and the End-to-end PM.
- How is a developer’s work evolving to encompass low code technologies?
- A discussion on Low Code and Low Auth Code.
- Is low code devaluing / obsoleting pro developers work?
- Fusion Development – what is it, where used, and for what purpose?
- Discussion on the continued need for micro services, API development, connectors, a baseline services layer, IT managed catalog of services, and related Pro Dev / Citizen Dev opportunities.
- Path from a Microsoft Field to Corp role. From Bot/Teams development to low code customization, from complaining to an invitation to make the experience better!
- How keep up with new areas needing fixing?
- Integrating capabilities being built in VS Code and by other Microsoft orgs, i.e, Azure, making Fusion Development easier.
- Strategy: Understanding how developers are using Microsoft tooling and how bridging the gap between the products users are using and delivery of visionary products needs to be right-timed.
- Flash back: The first episode of PnP Weekly was 17 August 2018. The show hosts remember.
- Referenced during discussion.
- Julia’s Repo – A Fusion scenario example – Self-Service Facility Ticket System
Also, we showcased 15 articles/videos published by Microsoft and the PnP Community in the last week.
- Julia – conversations with customers about new private preview products and presently working in Germany enjoying seeing family and friends over the holidays.
- Waldek – not yet experiencing the holiday slow down, so many ideas, so little time. Taking off the last week of December.
- Vesa – working throughout, but not too hard during holiday.
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded on Monday, December 12, 2022.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Frontline workers using shared devices can now use Edge and Yammer apps on Android alongside Teams - Christina Wu (Microsoft)
- Creation and visual collaboration tool in your pocket - Microsoft Whiteboard mobile apps - Shubham Goyal (Microsoft)
- December 2022 update of Power Automate for desktop - Yiannis Mavridis (Microsoft)
- 13 New Independent Publisher Connectors in November 2022 - Amjed Ayoub (Microsoft)
- Automate deployments with pipelines in Power Platform, now in preview - Casey Burke (Microsoft)
- App manifest schema for Teams - Microsoft
- Control & Visibility for the Power Platform with Managed Environments - Evan Lew (Microsoft) & Jeremy Chapman (Microsoft) | @deployjeremy
- Microsoft Graph toolkit people-picker lookalike for Power Apps - Luise Freese | @LuiseFreese
- Introduction to Keyword Query Language (KQL) – Part 1 - Agnes Molnar (Search Explained) | @molnaragnes
- Quickly find the parent from the child flow in Power Automate - Pieter Veenstra (HybrIT Services) | @PieterVeenstra
- What’s new with SASS in SPFx 1.16.0 - Stefan Bauer (N8D) | @StfBauer
- What I learned at the ESPC conference in Copenhagen - Martin Lingstuyl (I4-YOU Business Solutions) | @martinlingstuyl
- Communities in Teams - Daniel Glenn (InfoWorks, Inc) | @DanielGlenn
- Power Apps Example using Canva for Design + Full Build - Shane Young (PowerApps911) | @shanescows
Here are the upcoming events from the centralized Community Days site where you can find in-person, hybrid and online events for Microsoft 365 and mroe.
- M365 Philly Virtual 2022 - December 15, Virtual
- M365 Saturday Ahmedabad - January 7, 2023 - Ahmedabad, India
- AMS Sophia-Antipolis - February 7, 2023 - Biot, France
- M365 Conference - May 1-5, 2023
- CollabDays Poland 2023 - May 13, 2023 - Warsaw, Poland
- European Collaboration Summit - May 22-24, 2023 - Düsseldorf, Germany
- CollabDays Netherlands - June 10, 2023 - Utrecht, Netherlands
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365/community
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!” 🧡