Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Episode 194
In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, host – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen and Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by US-based Developer, Speaker, Podcaster, Group Manager, Modern Workplace Architect, Microsoft MVP - Mark Rackley (Avanade) | @mrackley
- Are we empowered to do more with low or no code?
- How has the rise of the Citizen Developer and low code tools introduced new complexities for the enterprise?
- Why is coding the last thing you do?
- Are there fewer opportunities for Partners in the Cloud than in on-prem? Where is the need for 3rd party tools today?
- Where do you see the Power Platform truly shine?
- Do you see Pro Developers moving to Power Platform?
- How does one get to be in Mark’s position – speaker, architect, Microsoft MVP?
- How did Mark start hosting, running and growing conferences over the past 13 years?
- Top 3 tips for starting a community group – 1 tip! Community Days.org.
- Thoughts on using chatGPT to build scripts.
Also, we showcased 16 articles/videos published by Microsoft and the PnP Community in the last week.
- Mark – Avoiding chatGPT noise.
- Waldek – prep week for releases of Graph Developer Proxy and CLI for Microsoft 365 at month end. Planning for more things to come.
- Vesa – community related planning – remote and in-person.
00:00 – Intro
01:17 – Interview
38:59 – Weekly Articles
54:59 - Closing
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded on Monday, January 23, 2023.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Microsoft Mesh: Creating connections at the World Economic Forum 2023 - Nicole Herskowitz (Microsoft) | @nicolelamb
- How to implement proactive notifications in Microsoft Teams using Power Automate or Azure Logic App - Alexis Kinzelin (Microsoft)
- Transforming SharePoint add-ins to SPFx solutions - Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @VesaJuvonen
- Publishing SPFx solution offerings to app source and SharePoint store - Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @VesaJuvonen
- Design guidance and assets on building Microsoft Viva extensions with SPFx - Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @VesaJuvonen
- Building a shared map solution for Microsoft Teams with SPFx - Bob German (Microsoft) | @Bob1German
- Detail Step-By-Step - Power Platform ALM with Azure DevOps - Suparna Banerje
- Getting Started with using PnPjs in your SPFx solutions - Julie Turner (Sympraxis Consulting) | @jfj1997
- Syntex Pay As You Go - how it helps and how to use it - Chris O’Brien (Content+Cloud) | @ChrisO_Brien
- Item vs items in Apply to each steps in Power Automate - Pieter Veenstra (HybrIT Services) | @PieterVeenstra
- Introduction to Polyglot notebooks and PnP Core SDK - Paul Bullock (Avanade) | @pkbullock
- More flexible SPFx development with simple react app - Marcin Wojciechowski (Staffbase) | @mgwojciech
- Announcing release 1.8.0 of hTWOo-React - Julie Turner (Sympraxis Consulting) | @jfj1997
- Export the list of Microsoft Teams team a user is part of using CLI for Microsoft 365 - Rabia Williams (Microsoft) | @williamsrabia
- How to Use Virtual Tables to show SharePoint and SQL Data in Dataverse - April Dunnam (Microsoft) | @aprildunnam
- 7 Ways to Save Your Business Money in 2023 with Power Apps - Shane Young (PowerApps 911) | @ShanesCows
Here are the upcoming events from the centralized Community Days site where you can find in-person, hybrid and online events for Microsoft 365 and mroe.
- Microsoft Power Automate Bootcamp - February 10-11, 2023 - London, UK
- AMS Sophia-Antipolis - February 7, 2023 - Biot, France
- Workplacedudes Summit - February 24, 2023 - Nieuwkoop, Netherlands
- Microsoft Dynamics ERP Finance & Supply Chain Community Summit - March 11, 2023 - Lisbon, Portugal
- Modern Workplace Conference Paris - March 27-29, 2023 - Paris, France
- Latinamerican Modern Workplace Conference - April 27-29, 2023 - Mexico City, Mexico
- M365 Conference - May 1-5, 2023 - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- CollabDays Poland 2023 - May 13, 2023 - Warsaw, Poland
- Techorama Belgium - May 15 - 17, 2023 - Antwerp, Belgium
- CollabDays Italy - May 20, 2023 - Milan, Italy
- European Collaboration Summit - May 22-24, 2023 - Duesseldorf, Germany
- CollabDays Netherlands - June 10, 2023 - Utrecht, Netherlands
- CollabDays Central Europe - June 17, 2023 - Zurich, Switzerland
- European Power Platform conference, June 20-22, 2023 - Dublin, Ireland
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 and Power Platform from https://aka.ms/m365/community
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!” 🧡