Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Episode 202
In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, host – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen and Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by US-based Microsoft MVP and Vice President of Engineering at tyGraph - Corey Roth | @coreyroth
Topics discussed in this session
- What capabilities are delivered by the tyGraph and AvePoint suite of products?
- Where are we at with AI for analytics?
- What is the job of a VP of Product Strategy?
- How do you get to be a VP of Product Strategy?
- How did you become an MVP?
- What does the MVP mean to you - how did your community connections help you get to where you are and in the organization you are with?
- What are your 3 recommendations for becoming an MVP in 2023?
- Website – tyGraph.com
- Website – AvePoint.com
- Blog – Corey Roth’s Blog
Also, we showcased 20 articles/videos published by Microsoft and the community in the last week.
- Corey – planning cycle - defining capabilities in the tyGraph product roadmap along with further integration between AvePoint and tyGraph products.
- Waldek – Reviewing 130 virtual Hack Together projects from tutorials to complex apps. All submissions are first rate. The plan is to announce winners on Wednesday, March 29th.
- Vesa – releasing 2nd beta of SPFx v1.17 (beta) on March 21st (Tuesday). Refining release notes presently.
00:00 – Intro
01:50 – Interview
39:59 – Weekly Articles
1:05:33 – Closing
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded on Monday, March 20, 2023.
- Video at Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel.
- Podcast at https://pnpweekly.podbean.com.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Introducing Microsoft 365 Copilot—A whole new way to work - Colette Stallbaumer (Microsoft)
- Administration of Microsoft 365 in the new era of AI - Microsoft
- Explaining the Microsoft 365 Copilot System - Microsoft
- Tips for using Teams chat to stay organized, engaged, and have fun - Noga Ronen (Microsoft)
- What’s new for SharePoint Server Subscription Edition - March 2023 - Bill Baer (Microsoft) | @williambaer
- Viva Connections Toolkit for Visual Studio Code now in preview - Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen
- Recent changes to data visibility for Microsoft Graph callRecords APIs - Microsoft
- Microsoft Teams App Camp in a Box is now available - Bob German (Microsoft) | @Bob1German
- Tailored SDK experiences via Kiota now generally available - Rabeb Othmani (Microsoft) | @Rabeb_Othmani & Sébastien Levert (Microsoft) | @sebastienlevert
- Announcing Tenant Switcher in Power Apps Mobile - Tristan Dehove (Microsoft)
- New Microsoft 365 & Power Platform Community coordination team members – March 2023 - Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen
- The easiest way to test how your app handles API errors - Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm
- Power Apps Copilot is here - Let’s Get Hands On With It - April Dunnam (Microsoft) | @aprildunnam
- Build once, deploy efficiently, connect across Microsoft 365 - 23rd of March, 2023
- CI/CD for SPFx Deployment in Azure DevOps using M365 CLI - Valeras Narbutas (Macaw) | @ValerasNarbutas
- Boost you PnP Modern Search List Layout - Kasper Larsen (Fellowmind) | @kasperbolarsen
- How to use video as a background in SharePoint pages header - João Ferreira (Appspace) | @Joao12Ferreira
- Microsoft Loop App Coming to Public Preview - #276 - Daniel Glenn (Creospark) | @DanielGlenn & Darrell Webster (Modern Workplace Change) | @darrellaas
- PnPjs v3.13.0 - Julie Turner (Sympraxis Consulting) | @jfj1997
- Copilot for Power Apps Makers & Users - Tech Demo! - Shane Young (PowerApps 911) | @ShanesCows
- How to create a People Picker in Power Apps - Giuliano De Luca (CGI) | @DeLucaGiulian
Here are the upcoming events from the centralized Community Days site where you can find in-person, hybrid and online events for Microsoft 365 and more.
- Modern Workplace Conference Paris - March 27-29, 2023 - Paris, France
- Dynamics Power Israel - March 30, 2023 - Tel Aviv, Israel
- Latinamerican Modern Workplace Conference - April 27-29, 2023 - Mexico City, Mexico
- CollabDays Montreal - April 28, 2023 - Montreal, Canada
- M365 Conference - May 1-5, 2023 - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- CollabDays Poland 2023 - May 13, 2023 - Warsaw, Poland
- Techorama Belgium - May 15 - 17, 2023 - Antwerp, Belgium
- Power Automate Bootcamp - May 19-20, 2023 - London, United Kingdom
- Power Apps Developer Bootcamp - May 20, 2023 - Manchester, United Kingdom
- CollabDays Italy - May 20, 2023 - Milan, Italy
- European Collaboration Summit - May 22-24, 2023 - Duesseldorf, Germany
- DYNUG Spring Conference - May 31, 2023 - Oslo, Norway
- CollabDays Netherlands - June 10, 2023 - Utrecht, Netherlands
- 365 EduCon DC - June 12-16, 2023 - Washington, D.C., USA
- AMS Berlin 2023 - June 15, 2023 - Berlin, Germany
- CollabDays Central Europe - June 17, 2023 - Zurich, Switzerland
- European Power Platform conference, June 20-22, 2023 - Dublin, Ireland
- 365 EduCon Seattle – August 21-25, 2023 - Seattle, WA, USA
- Metaverse One 2023 - September 20, 2023 - Virtual
- South Coast Summit 2023 - October 13-14, 2023 - Farnborough, United Kingdom
- Microsoft Ignite 2023 - November 15-16, 2023
- CollabDays Lisbon 2023 - November 25, 2023 - Lisbon, Portugal
- European SharePoint, Office 365 & Azure Conference 2023 - November 27-30 - Amsterdam, Netherlands
- AMS Aachen - November 28, 2023 - Aachen, Germany
- European Cloud Summit - December 4-6, 2023 - Wiesbaden, Germany
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 and Power Platform from https://aka.ms/m365/community
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!” 🧡