Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Episode 207
In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, host – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen and Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by India-based Cloud Consultant and Microsoft 365 Developer MVP - Chandani Prajapati (Rapid Circle) | @Chandani_SPD
- Vesa and Waldek’s thoughts on how the Microsoft MVP Summit changed over time.
- Chandani’s favorite travel destination to date and favorite recipe.
- On being a developer at Rapid Circle.
- How did Chandani become a SPFx developer?
- What does it mean to be a Microsoft MVP?
- Chandani’s fascinating journey with Community.
- Using your talents to address both personal and community needs.
- Why continue to contribute?
- Why do certain companies encourage their people to contribute to open-source?
- Raising the bar by working collaboratively in the open as opposed to working alone to reinvent the wheel.
- The impact of Chandani’s latest contributions to the SharePoint Starter Kit.
- Tips on how to start contributing – yes you are good enough to contribute.
- Shoutout to Hugo, David and Stefan Bauer for positively influencing Chandani’s experience with this special PnP community.
- Recipe for Panipuri
Also, we showcased 19 articles/videos published by Microsoft and the community in the last week.
- Waldek – silence before storm week. Final work and release notes on updates for Microsoft Graph Developer Proxy and CLI for Microsoft 365 to be released next week. Continued planning for the next BIG thing, stay tuned for more updates. Prepping for Microsoft Build and ECS.
- Vesa – quickly - conference prep, conference prep, conference pred. Microsoft 365 Conference next week, then onto ECS (European Collaboration Summit) and Build.
00:00 – Intro
07:43 – Interview
35:00 – Weekly Articles
52:40 – Closing
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded on Monday 24th of April 2023.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Celebrate success using Together Emojis in Microsoft Teams - Sam Cundall (Microsoft)
- Access your Microsoft 365 cloud emissions data with the Microsoft Cloud for Sustainability API - Peter Bergen (Microsoft)
- Support update for SharePoint 2013 workflow in Microsoft 365 - Bert Jansen (Microsoft) | @o365bert
- New Azure AD app name for Microsoft Graph PowerShell SDK and CLI - Carol Mbasinge Kigoonya (Microsoft)
- OData property changes to callRecords change notifications in Microsoft Graph - Matthew McGrath (Microsoft)
- Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code Update – April 2023 - Junjie Li (Microsoft)
- Unblock Viva deployment and adoption in your organization - NachoMSFT (Microsoft)
- Introducing npm package provenance - Brian DeHamer (Microsoft) & Philip Harrison (Microsoft)
- Microsoft 365 Conference - May 2-4, 2023
- CLI for Microsoft 365: Spring Cleaning Initiative - Albert-Jan Schot (BLIS Digital) | @appieschot
- Attempting to explain Teams shared channels to end users - Loryan Strant (Rapid Circle) | @LoryanStrant
- Manage Azure OpenAI and ChatGPT/GPT-4 costs - Chris O’Brien (Content+Cloud) | @ChrisO_Brien
- Move SharePoint Designer Workflows to Power Automate - Laura Rogers (IW Mentor) | @WonderLaura
- SharePoint 2013 workflow retirement - the end of an era - Joris Poelmans (RealDolmen) | @jopxtwits
- Using the on-behalf-of flow in Azure PowerShell Functions - Martin Lingstuyl (I4-YOU Business Solutions) | @martinlingstuyl
- Extend Graph SDK with oData filter generated from LINQ expression - Marcin Wojciechowski (Valo) | @mgwojciech
- Microsoft 365 PnPjs - Release 3.14.0 - Microsoft
- Teams spatial audio, Outlook video messaging - #281 - Daniel Glenn (Creospark) | @DanielGlenn & Darrell Webster (Modern Workplace Change) | @darrellaas
- Episode #246 - What’s new in SharePoint Framework 1.17.1 - Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) | @PaoloPia
- Power Apps Collections Introduction - Shane Young (PowerApps911) | @ShanesCows
Here are the upcoming events from the centralized Community Days site where you can find in-person, hybrid and online events for Microsoft 365 and more.
- Latinamerican Modern Workplace Conference - April 27-29, 2023 - Mexico City, Mexico
- CollabDays Montreal - April 28, 2023 - Montreal, Canada
- M365 Conference - May 1-5, 2023 - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- CollabDays Poland 2023 - May 13, 2023 - Warsaw, Poland
- Techorama Belgium - May 15 - 17, 2023 - Antwerp, Belgium
- Power Automate Bootcamp - May 19-20, 2023 - London, United Kingdom
- Power Apps Developer Bootcamp - May 20, 2023 - Manchester, United Kingdom
- CollabDays Italy - May 20, 2023 - Milan, Italy
- European Collaboration Summit - May 22-24, 2023 - Duesseldorf, Germany
- DYNUG Spring Conference - May 31, 2023 - Oslo, Norway
- CollabDays Netherlands - June 10, 2023 - Utrecht, Netherlands
- 365 EduCon DC - June 12-16, 2023 - Washington, D.C., USA
- AMS Berlin 2023 - June 15, 2023 - Berlin, Germany
- CollabDays Central Europe - June 17, 2023 - Zurich, Switzerland
- European Power Platform conference, June 20-22, 2023 - Dublin, Ireland
- 365 EduCon Seattle – August 21-25, 2023 - Seattle, WA, USA
- Metaverse One 2023 - September 20, 2023 - Virtual
- South Coast Summit 2023 - October 13-14, 2023 - Farnborough, United Kingdom
- Microsoft Ignite 2023 - November 15-16, 2023
- CollabDays Lisbon 2023 - November 25, 2023 - Lisbon, Portugal
- European SharePoint, Office 365 & Azure Conference 2023 - November 27-30 - Amsterdam, Netherlands
- AMS Aachen - November 28, 2023 - Aachen, Germany
- European Cloud Summit - December 4-6, 2023 - Wiesbaden, Germany
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 and Power Platform from https://aka.ms/m365/community
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!” 🧡