Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Episode 211
In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, host – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen and Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by Belgium-based consultant - Elio Struyf (Struyf Consulting) | @eliostruyf
- He’s back! Yes, fully recovered from bike crash and fully back to Community.
- Working on VS Code extensions in the developer focused space at Rapid.
- The most intriguing aspect of working in the larger VS Code dev tools space as opposed to the Microsoft 365 space.
- How API creator and API consumer developers approach development differently.
- A correlation between doing open-source work and finding a job!
- Difference between development in Microsoft vs Google ecosystems.
- Partner opportunities in Microsoft 365.
- Tradeoffs between Best of Breed, but somewhat incompatible and compatible, functional.
- Working in a Microsoft Teams manner inside Slack.
- Allegiances to Microsoft, not Microsoft, and sorted garbage!
- How is the Microsoft 365 World evolving for Partners and tips for how Partners should approach this change.
- Rapid - https://rapidapi.com/
- Front Matter - https://frontmatter.codes/
- HackTogether: The Microsoft Teams Global Hack (June 1 – 15, 2023) | Register at: aka.ms/hack-together-teams
- European Collaboration Summit 2023 – May 24 – 26, 2023 – Düsseldorf – collabsummit.eu – Register
- Microsoft Build 2023 – May 23 – 25 – Seattle/Virtual - Register
There are no articles showcased in this episode as it was recorded only 2 days after Episode 210. There will be plenty of articles to share in Episode 212.
- Waldek – at ECS in Düsseldorf – presenting in keynotes and spending time on the Expo floor, plus Hackathon prep work.
- Vesa – at ECS in Düsseldorf – presenting in keynotes, spending time on the Expo floor plus Community calls.
- In general - cool things will be announced at ECS and at Build this week. The Microsoft Teams Global Hack starts next week – June 1st – 15th.
00:00 – Intro
01:15 – Interview
40:29 – Closing
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded on Wednesday 17th of May 2023.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are the upcoming events from the centralized Community Days site where you can find in-person, hybrid and online events for Microsoft 365 and more.
- DYNUG Spring Conference - May 31, 2023 - Oslo, Norway
- Viva Round The World 2023 - June 2-3, 2023 - Virtual
- CollabDays Netherlands - June 10, 2023 - Utrecht, Netherlands
- 365 EduCon DC - June 12-16, 2023 - Washington, D.C., USA
- AMS Berlin 2023 - June 15, 2023 - Berlin, Germany
- CollabDays Central Europe - June 17, 2023 - Zurich, Switzerland
- European Power Platform conference, June 20-22, 2023 - Dublin, Ireland
- 365 EduCon Seattle – August 21-25, 2023 - Seattle, WA, USA
- Metaverse One 2023 - September 20, 2023 - Virtual
- South Coast Summit 2023 - October 13-14, 2023 - Farnborough, United Kingdom
- Microsoft Ignite 2023 - November 15-16, 2023
- CollabDays Lisbon 2023 - November 25, 2023 - Lisbon, Portugal
- European SharePoint, Office 365 & Azure Conference 2023 - November 27-30 - Amsterdam, Netherlands
- AMS Aachen - November 28, 2023 - Aachen, Germany
- European Cloud Summit - December 4-6, 2023 - Wiesbaden, Germany
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 and Power Platform from https://aka.ms/m365/community
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!” 🧡