Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Episode 217
In this episode of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, host – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen and Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by Denmark based Microsoft 365 Developer and Consultant Dan Toft (EvoBis) | @tanddant.
- How small and medium organizations look at intranets and communication portals
- Using SharePoint Framework to build apps for Microsoft 365
- If you could start all over again, would you become a Microsoft 365 developer again?
- Expectations from AI in the workplace and including Microsoft 365 Copilot
- How would you like to be able to extend Microsoft 365 Copilot?
- Will AI replace our jobs?
- The added value of participating in the community for employees and employers
- SharePoint Framework samples
- Build for Microsoft Teams using SharePoint Framework
- Teams Global Hack
- Guest user overview (winning productivity solution in Teams Global Hack)
- ESPC ‘23
There were 23 articles or videos covered within this episode produced by Microsoft and community members.
- Dan – Preparing a community call demo on Dan’s winning solution, preparing new solutions and customer work
- Waldek – Working on updating guidance for Microsoft Graph Connectors which are great way to get your corporate data integrated on the Microsoft 365
- Vesa – Preparing upcoming 1.18 release for SPFx which is coming within upcoming week(s) and preparing keynote for CollabDays Finland 2023
00:00 – Intro
01:47 – Interview
46:24 – Articles
1:06:08 – Closing
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded on Monday 4th of September and released on 5th of September, 2023.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
- What’s New in Microsoft Teams | August 2023 - Steven Stein (Microsoft)
- A deep dive into intelligent cameras Multi-Stream and Cloud IntelliFrame for Teams Rooms - Arash Ghanaie-Sichanie (Microsoft)
- Introducing new SharePoint news for email feature - Sara Cummings (Microsoft)
- Microsoft 365 Admin Monthly Digest – Aug 2023 - Gabe Ho (Microsoft)
- Microsoft Teams Recording and Transcript APIs billing in public preview - Ayan Chakraborty (Microsoft)
- Restarting billing on Teams Chat Export APIs; new API enhancements - Srisudha Mahadevan (Microsoft)
- Adaptive Card-based Loop components are now in preview - Shubham Chauhan (Microsoft)
- Microsoft 365 Developer Proxy v0.11 with improved $select guidance - Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm & Sébastien Levert (Microsoft) | @sebastienlevert
- Announcing release candidate for the of upcoming SharePoint Framework 1.18 - Microsoft
- CLI for Microsoft 365 v6.11 - Adam Wójcik (Hitachi Energy) | @Adam25858782
- How to implement Azure devops pipelines for SPFx solutions that use library components - Laura Kokkarinen (Sulava) | @LauraKokkarinen
- SPFx: Click on anchor is not working as expected (event handler is not called) - Marc André Schröder-Zhou | @MarcAndreZhou
- Using React & Fluent UI in SPFx command set extensions - Dan Toft (EvoBis) | @tanddant
- Syntex Image Tagging: Boost Your Content with AI-Enhanced Image Keywords - Leon Armston (Intelogy) | @LeonArmston
- Using the ‘HTTP with Azure AD’ connector in Power Automate to create Planner Plans and add them as Teams tabs - Micel Mendes (Avanade) | @michelcarlo
- Viva Connections Toolkit #VSCode Pre Release v1.1.3 - Adam Wójcik (Hitachi Energy) | @Adam25858782
- SharePoint ‘Time to read’ solution - Alex Clark (Microsoft) | @sharepointalex
- new version of CLI for Microsoft 365 Deploy to the GitHub Actions Marketplace - CLI for Microsoft 365 team
- The Power Platform Global AI Hack - Ryan Cunningham (Microsoft) | @rc_says, April Dunnam (Microsoft) | @aprildunnam, Gomolemo Mohapi (Microsoft) | @GomoMohapi & Daniel Laskewitz (Microsoft) | @laskewitz
- 📂 How to color folders in SharePoint and Teams [Colorful Folders] - Giuliano De Luca | @delucagiulian
- Power Apps Conditional Formatting and Dynamic Questionnaire - Shane Young (PowerApps911) | @ShanesCows
- Power Hour: Working with groups of people in flows - Laura Rogers (IW Mentor) | @WonderLaura
- Episode #260 - Handling Throttling Exceptions with PowerShell and Microsoft Graph PowerShell SDK - Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) | @PaoloPia
Here are the upcoming events from the centralized Community Days site where you can find in-person, hybrid and online events for Microsoft 365 and more.
- Microsoft 365 Summer Soiree in Vancouver - September 8, 2023 - Vancouver, Canada
- CollabDays Finland - September 9, 2023 - Helsinki, Finland
- SEF 2023 - September 11-12, 2023 - Stockholm, Sweden
- AMS Lyon 2023 - September 14, 2023 - Lyon, France
- CollabCon - September 15-16, 2023 - Orlando, Florida, USA
- Experts Live Europe 2023 - September 18-20, 2023 - Prague, Czechia
- Experts Live Australia 2023 - September 19-20, 2023 - Sydney, Australia
- The Experts Conference (TEC) - September 19-20, 2023 - Atlanta, GA, USA
- Metaverse One 2023 - September 20, 2023 - Virtual
- CollabDays - National Museum of Computing - Bletchley Park - September 27, 2023 - Bletchley, UK
- AMS Montpellier 2023 - September 28, 2023 - Montpellier, France
- Microsoft 365 Ottawa - September 29-30, 2023 - Ottawa, Canada
- Baltic Summit 2023 - September 30, 2023 - Gdynia, Poland
- Microsoft Power Platform Conference - October 3-5, 2023 - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- South Coast Summit 2023 - October 13-14, 2023 - Farnborough, United Kingdom
- Microsoft Ignite 2023 - November 15-16, 2023
- CollabDays Lisbon 2023 - November 25, 2023 - Lisbon, Portugal
- European SharePoint, Office 365 & Azure Conference 2023 - November 27-30 - Amsterdam, Netherlands
- European Cloud Summit - December 4-6, 2023 - Wiesbaden, Germany
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 and Power Platform from https://aka.ms/m365/community
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!” 🧡