Microsoft Teams Community Call - April 2021
Latest news from Microsoft engineering on Microsoft Teams updates and community assets.
Visit the Microsoft Teams samples gallery to get started with Microsoft Teams development, hear and see the new Microsoft 365 Extensibility look book gallery co-developed by Microsoft Teams and SharePoint engineering. Quick demo of the Extensibility look book at Microsoft Adoption site >> Solutions>>Extensibility look book. Select a Product, Type of app or Scenario. To see the Microsoft 365 extensibility options for your selection. Download showcase apps, samples and documentation. Register now for April trainings on Sharing-is-caring. Give us feedback, the Microsoft 365 developer community survey is now open. Download articles 1 and 2 of a 3-part series of articles called: “Build quality Microsoft Teams apps with these best practices.” Get the Microsoft Teams Toolkit (Controls) – “Designing your Microsoft Teams app” with layout guidance and reusable assets. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
- Complete the Microsoft 365 Developer Community Survey – https://aka.ms/m365pnp/survey
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events:
- First Time Contributor Session – April 27^th^ (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – April
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – April 29^th^
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – May TBD
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) – May 2021 – Tech Community – May 11^th^
- First Time Presenter – May TBD
- More than Code with VSCode – April 28^th^
- Maturity Model Practitioners – May TBD
- PnP Office Hours – 1:1 session - Register
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – https://aka.ms/microsoftteamscommunitycall
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
Microsoft Teams Development Samples:https://aka.ms/teams-samples
- Looking for Samples! Please share your good work
Demos delivered in this session
Build your first Microsoft Teams Bot – Bots are used for Chat, Messaging Extensions, Task Modules, and more. 3 options for building Bots - Bot Framework SDK, Bot Framework Composer, and Power Virtual Agents. Same technology behind scenes, just matter of abstraction and options for extensibility. The recommended low code and very extensible option with templates containing triggers and dialogs for Microsoft Teams is Composer. Tour latest capabilities, install and configure.
Surfacing your existing solution in Microsoft Teams - if you have web-based apps, they can be surfaced in Microsoft Teams tab (iFrame). Security options – protection built into your app and external access control by Teams. Add apps on Personal (static) or Group (Teams aware static) tabs after adding app to App Studio. Build tips: Make your app Teams aware, use different contentUrl and websiteUrl, use responsive apps, use simple app navigation.
Transforming your SharePoint Framework web part as a Microsoft Teams personal app – easily extend Teams by embedding client-side SPFx web parts or personal applications (not Teams applications) in Teams tabs. Requires running SPFx v1.8 or later and execution is in the context of the SPO site behind the Team. No coding, no hosting, no Azure registration, just package and deploy. Step through app creation using SharePoint generator, create a Teams tab, add it to a Team.
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Topics covered in this call
Tour the Microsoft 365 Extensibility look book gallery - 5:20
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
Documentation - Bot Framework Composer documentation
Documentation - Azure Bot Service documentation
Documentation - Designing your Microsoft Teams app
Documentation - Building Microsoft Teams Tabs using SharePoint Framework
Documentation - Build a Me-experience in Microsoft Teams
Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub | aka.ms/m365pnp/community
Microsoft 365 Extensibility look book gallery | aka.ms/m365/extensibility
Microsoft Teams Samples Gallery | aka.ms/teams-samples
Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- Microsoft Learn - Microsoft Teams development Learning Paths
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- Microsoft Teams app templates
- Yo Teams video training package
- Microsoft 365 Developer videos | aka.ms/m365devyoutube
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp/videos
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video - Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- SharePoint Framework call – April 22^nd^ at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- Microsoft 365 Development call – April 29^th^ at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Microsoft Graph call - May 4^th^ at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/microsoftgraphcall
- SharePoint monthly call – May 11^th^ at 8:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/sp-call
- Office add-in monthly call – May 12^th^ at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- Adaptive Cards monthly call – May 13^th^ at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
- Microsoft Teams monthly call – May 18^th^ at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/microsoftteamscommunitycall
- Microsoft Identity Platform – May 20^th^ at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar
- Power Apps monthly call – May 19^th^ at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
Microsoft Teams monthly community calls are targeted at anyone who’s interested in Microsoft Teams development topics. This includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, App templates, Samples, and more. Details on the Microsoft 365 community from https://aka.ms/m365pnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/microsoftteamscommunitycall. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from https://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft - 21st of April 2021