Microsoft Teams Community Call - May 2021
Latest news from Microsoft engineering on Microsoft Teams updates and community assets.
Register for Microsoft Build. Sign up for May trainings on Sharing-is-caring. Visit the Microsoft Teams samples gallery to get started with Microsoft Teams development. See the new Microsoft 365 Extensibility look book gallery co-developed by Microsoft Teams and SharePoint engineering. Get the Microsoft Teams Toolkit (Controls) – “Designing your Microsoft Teams app” with layout guidance and reusable assets. Three great demos delivered during this session. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
- Register for Microsoft Build, May 25 – 27, 2021 - https://build.microsoft.com
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events:
- First Time Contributor Session – May 24^th^ (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – May
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – June
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – May 20^th^
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) – Microsoft Graph & MGT – June 8
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) – Teams Dev – June
- First Time Presenter – May 25^th^
- More than Code with VSCode – May 27^th^
- PnP Office Hours – 1:1 session - Register
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – https://aka.ms/microsoftteamscommunitycall
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
Microsoft Teams Development Samples: https://aka.ms/teams-samples
- Your community is looking for Samples! Please share your good work
Demos delivered in this session
Introduction to Microsoft Teams Developer Portal - Meet the new and improved app management console for developers. Access the tools portal from a browser and from within Microsoft Teams client. This is the place to add - register and configure your Teams apps. New safeguards to prevent apps from having same app IDs. Key areas differentiating portal from App Studio called out. Access App Source from portal.
Elevate user experiences with Universal Actions on Teams and Outlook - deck, demo and documentation about consistent message (action) handling across apps (Teams, Outlook and more) using Adaptive Cards with the new Action.Execute action type. User takes action on either Teams or Outlook and action is reflected on the other platform. Vacation approval scenario shows contextual views and sequential workflows on Teams. Excellent documentation, quick start guide and code samples.
Getting started on building Microsoft Teams meeting apps – step through meeting extensions - pre-meeting (tab – a poll), in-meeting (side panel tab, pop-up, extension, and bot) and post-meeting (tab). Understand needed manifest updates. Microsoft Forms is a great meeting extension. Demo - create a meeting, add the Forms app to it and observe how Forms does configuration. Meeting extensions are built on top of tabs, bots and messaging extensions.
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Topics covered in this call
Demo: Elevate user experiences with Universal Actions on Teams and Outlook – Shiladitya Saha (Microsoft) - 23:30
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
Documentation - Universal Actions for Adaptive Cards
Quick Start Guide - Work with Universal Actions for Adaptive Cards
Blog - Rick’s blog
Microsoft 365 Extensibility look book gallery | aka.ms/m365/extensibility
Microsoft Teams Samples Gallery | aka.ms/teams-samples
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- Microsoft Learn - Microsoft Teams development Learning Paths
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- Microsoft Teams app templates
- Yo Teams video training package
- Microsoft 365 Developer videos | aka.ms/m365devyoutube
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp/videos
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video - Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Power Apps monthly call – May 19^th^ at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
- SharePoint Framework call – May 20^th^ at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- Microsoft Identity Platform – May 20^th^ at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar
- M365 General Dev call – May 27^th^ at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Microsoft Graph call – June 1^st^ at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/microsoftgraphcall
- SharePoint monthly call – June 8^th^ at 8:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/sp-call
- Office add-in monthly call – June 9^th^ at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- Adaptive Cards monthly call – June 10^th^ at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
- Microsoft Teams monthly call – June 15^th^ at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/microsoftteamscommunitycall
Microsoft Teams monthly community calls are targeted at anyone who’s interested in Microsoft Teams development topics. This includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, App templates, Samples, and more. Details on the Microsoft 365 community from https://aka.ms/m365pnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/microsoftteamscommunitycall. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from https://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft - 19th of May 2021