A collection of resources for Microsoft 365 developers
Being a Microsoft 365 developer can mean a lot of things. Backend, frontend, low-code, nocode. Teams, SharePoint, Power Apps, Office… and so on. And it can be hard to navigate the ocean of good resources for Microsoft 365 developers on each of these topics. Thats why I have been collecting resources for a while now, and I thought it was about time I share them with you!
This collection lists the resources I myself have found usefull in my day to day work. I have not worked with every different type of “M365 development” so some sections might be lacking, and some won’t be here at all.
And I’m sure there are a lot of other good resources out there too that I have never had the pleasure of stumbeling upon, so please drop a comment below if you have some you’d like to share!
Some resources may appear multiple times if they are relevant in different categories.
- Pattern and practices – a collection of best practices, guides, samples, solutions, SDKs, Tools and forums
Keep up to date with what is moving in the community by listening to podcasts
- Microsoft 365 developer podcast
- PnP weekly
- Microsoft Cloud show Note, this podcast ‘retired’ in 2022, but a lot of the content is still relevant.
- PnP JS Library
- HtwoO – open source alternative for Microsoft’s Fluent UI Web Design system
- Fluent UI Web Design system
- Learn about Microsoft Authentication Library (MSAL)
Getting started with SPfx
- Get a developer tenant (Microsoft 365 Developer program)
- Getting started with SharePoint Framework (Blogpost by Waldek Mastykarz)
- Youtube video that shows the M365 developer program
- Set up environment (Microsoft Docs)
- Understanding the difference between SharePoint generator related packages (Blogpost by Andrew Connell – voitanos.io)
Extensions / helpfull tools
- SPfx fast-serve
- SPfx snippets
- SPfx debug extension
- Rencore deploy package extension
- Node Version Manager (nvm)
- PnP generator (Github – Community driven yeoman generator)
- SharePoint framework documentaion github repo
- SPfx PnP Powershell cheat sheet
- Mastering the SharePoint Framework course (the starter bundle is free). (Course by Andrew Connell – – Voitanos.io)
- Optimize bundles by disabling IE11 support in SPfx projects (Blogpost by Andrew Connell – – Voitanos.io)
- Official Microsoft Graph documentation
- Official documentation github repo
- Microsoft Graph authentication overview
- Graph explorer
- Discover the Microsoft Graph toolkit (youtube video)
- Microsoft graph toolkit (Microsoft docs)
Tip, you can use SPfx to develop Teams apps, so have a look at the SPfx resources too.
Manage apps, and app settings in tenant
- Manage your apps with the developer portal for Microsoft Teams
- Manage app setup policies in Microsoft Teams, see also my blogpost about enabling sideloading of apps in teams.
Getting started with Power Apps
Getting started with PCF
- PCF Yeoman generator
- Package a component
- PCF properties (Overview of different properties that are allowed)
Leave a comment below, or fork this blogs gitbub repo and add them yourself (Here is the guidance on how to contribute)