Power Apps Community Call – January 2022
Topics covered in this month’s community call includes 2 demos: Power Audio Player (Canvas app, modified audio control functionality, SharePoint list back-end) - Shadrack Inusah (DreamOval) and New Pay as you go Features (Public Preview - Power Apps Premium environments with Azure subscription) - Kavishi Agarwal (Microsoft), Recent Power Apps News and Community Contributions (Power Platform ALM Accelerator, Power Apps portals and Power Apps Ideas) – Todd Baginski (Canviz) and learn about 5 new PnP Power Apps Samples – April Dunnam (Microsoft).
This call included the first ever Power Apps Community Call Quiz – using a Power App and played during the live call.
This call was hosted by Todd Baginski (Canviz).
The call was recorded on January 19, 2022. Questions addressed in chat throughout the call.
Thank for attending the call or viewing it on demand.
- Demo 1: Power Audio Player - Shadrack Inusah (DreamOval) | @kojo_shaddy – 3:25
- Demo 2: New Pay as you go Features - Kavishi Agarwal (Microsoft) – 28:53
- Recent Power Apps News and Community Contributions – Todd Baginski (Canviz) | @ToddBaginski – 46:36
- Latest PnP Power Apps Samples – April Dunnam (Microsoft) | @aprildunnam – 49:25
- Power Apps Community Call Quiz - April Dunnam (Microsoft) | @aprildunnam – 51:17
Power Audio Player – an integration of a Canvas app front-end with SharePoint list backend for images and audio files. In fact, created the Power App Canvas app from within SharePoint. App UI is composed of labels, icons, navigation, image containers, etc. Used the layout template. Modified out-of-box audio control to look and function differently. Step through the code for the audio control buttons.
New Pay as you go Features – in Public Preview - for premium Power Apps, pay only for what you use after you use it. Link your Power Apps environment to an Azure Subscription. The Subscription comes with base Dataverse capacity for Power Apps storage requirements and pay only for storage overages. Manage Azure Subscription and Power Apps environment from admin portal where you can add/delete apps and get usage reports.
- Power Platform User Groups - Find a user group in your area.
- Register for the Global Power Platform Bootcamp - Dates TBD
- Check out the SCOTTISH SUMMIT 2022 - 25th & 26th February 2022
- PnP Samples - We welcome your Power Platform samples!
- View or be a Guest on The Low Code Revolution show | aka.ms/LowCodeRevolutionShow
- Join us for our next call: February 16, 2022, at 08:00am PST | aka.ms/powerappscommunitycall
D1: Repo - Power-Audio-Player–PowerApps-
D2: Documentation – Preview: Pay-as-you-go plan | aka.ms/powerplatformPAYG
D2: Questions/Feedback – PowerPlatformPAYG@microsoft.com
- See the full blog post for this call on the Tech Community Blog - https://aka.ms/m365pnp/community/blog
- Microsoft’s Power Platform website
- Power Apps Training Resources - https://aka.ms/PowerAppsTraining
- Power Apps Community - https://Community.PowerApps.com
- Power Apps Community Samples - https://aka.ms/PowerAppsCommunitySamples
- Power Apps Community Videos - https://aka.ms/PowerAppsCommunityVideos
- PowerPlatformLearn Resources | https://www.powerplatformlearn.academy
- PnP Power Platform Samples | https://www.aks.ms/powerplatform-samples
- Power Addicts Hangout - https://wearepoweraddicts.com
- #LessCodeMorePower Video Series - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8IYfXypsj2Cr4DUqMKYkGM-Wejfim2QX
- Share more - draw attention to your great work - #PowerAppsCC
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSPowerPlat
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/microsoft365dev
- YouTube - https://aka.ms/m365pnp/videos
- Blog - https://aka.ms/m365pnp/community/blog
- Recurrent Invite - https://aka.ms/powerappscommunitycall