Power Platform Community Call – January 2023
Latest updates and news on Power Platform including community events, training opportunities and the Monthly Community Tip.
Three demos delivered – Building a Name Pronunciation Database with Power Apps and Power Automate, Mention a bot from a Power Automate flow, and Effortlessly showing grids of data in your Power Apps using the Creator Kit.
This call was hosted by David Warner II (Microsoft) | @DavidWarnerII and recorded on January 18, 2022. Questions addressed in chat throughout the call.
- Power Platform Samples
- News, Shows and Events
- New Episodes - The Low Code Revolution Show with April Dunnam (Microsoft) | @aprildunnam | aka.ms/LowCodeRevolutionShow
- Powerful Devs 2023 conference – February 15, 9am PT - aka.ms/PowerfulDevsConf2023
- It’s Low Code February! Join un on January 31, 2023, as we kick off the Low Code journey - aka.ms/lowcode-february
- ACT NOW – save 30% on tickets until January 24th for the European Power Platform Conference – Dublin, 20-23 June – use code: HugoRocks30
- Upcoming Community Days Events - aka.ms/communitydays
- Microsoft Power Platform Connectors: 924! – Build new or improve existing Independent Publisher Connector – visit our wiki!, Communicate with Jocelyn Panchal | @JocelynP_PM || linkedin.com/in/jocepan00/
- Community Calls Conversations – continue the conversation - chat about demos anytime. See links to chat pages in demo details.
- Building a Name Pronunciation Database with Power Apps and Power Automate – embrace global diversity with this solution. A Power App with a Power Automate flow sitting on a SharePoint page and a document library. See the app in action – recording name and pronouns, listing to the recording, then going behind UI to see the Power App elements used. Step through capturing and transferring 3 variables from Power App into flow actions. Sample available.
- Mention a bot from a Power Automate flow – see how to mention a bot in a flow from Teams. Use these building blocks – Power Virtual Agent, Microsoft List, Microsoft Team and channel, and a Power Automate cloud flow that triggers on a key word (#FAQ) and posts a message with a bot mention. @mention bot from Teams Channel. Flow monitors the channel. The Power Virtual Agent is published to Teams as an app.
- Effortlessly showing grids of data in your Power Apps using the Creator Kit – that’s basically, a Fluent UI style set of controls. In this demo, see specifically how to show data in tabular format using a control and template from the kit. An alternative to galleries - the DetailsList control is a responsive, Fluent styled control optimized for grids of data. Create table, add columns, import data, display, sort, tab, resize, etc.
00:00 – Intro
12:21 – Together mode picture
1:00:50 – Closing
Thank you for sharing your amazing and fantastic faces. You are what powers our community. Looking forward to an amazing year with all of you.
- Opt into the PnP Community Recognition Program | aka.ms/community/recognition
- Share your Community Quick Tips | aka.ms/PPCCDemoRequest
- Connect to other makers in your organization via chatbot, now in public preview - aka.ms/makermatch.
- Register for upcoming Sharing is Caring events:
- Writing for the Web | Monday, January 23rd, 10am PT | 1pm ET | 7:00pm CET - Register
- PnP SPFx Samples w/NVM | Wednesday, January 25th, 9am PT | 12pm ET - Register
- Maturity Model Practitioners | Tuesday, February 21st, 7am PST – Download reoccurring invite
- Power Platform Samples Contributor | Thursday, February 23rd, 9:00am PT | 12:00pm ET - Register
- PnP Office Hours – 1:1 session | Register
- PnP Buddy System | Request a Buddy
- PnP Samples - We welcome your Power Platform samples!
- View or be a Guest on The Low Code Revolution show | aka.ms/LowCodeRevolutionShow
- Request to deliver a demo or a Monthly Community Quick Tip (90 – 120 seconds) during this monthly community call - aka.ms/PPCCDemoRequest
- Mark your calendar for our next call February 15th at 08:00am PT | https://aka.ms/powerappscommunitycall
- Register for the Microsoft 365 Developer Program and get a free developer tenant
- Get started with free training modules covering Microsoft 365 platform capabilities.
- Visit the Microsoft 365 Unified Sample Solution Gallery from Microsoft and community.
- Building a Name Pronunciation Database with Power Apps and Power Automate
- YouTube Channel - Daniel Christian
- Article - Building beautiful buttons in Canvas Apps part 1 - neumorphic buttons
- Mention a bot from a Power Automate flow
- Effortlessly showing grids of data in your Power Apps using the Creator Kit
Request to present a demo during this call - aka.ms/PPCCDemoRequest
- Power Apps Training Resources - https://aka.ms/PowerAppsTraining
- Power Apps Community - https://Community.PowerApps.com
- Power Apps Community Samples - aka.ms/PowerAppsCommunitySamples
- Power Apps Community Videos - aka.ms/PowerAppsCommunityVideos
- PowerPlatformLearn Resources - https://www.powerplatformlearn.academy
- PnP Power Platform Samples - aks.ms/powerplatform-samples
- Create SharePoint List - https://bit.ly/CreateSharePointList
- Microsoft’s Power Platform website
- Power Addicts Hangout | https://wearepoweraddicts.com
- #LessCodeMorePower Video Series | https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8IYfXypsj2Cr4DUqMKYkGM-Wejfim2QX
- Powerful Devs Video Series | https://aka.ms/PowerfulDevsYouTube
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/microsoft365dev
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSPowerPlat
- Call attention to your great work by using #PowerAppsCC and #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
- Microsoft 365 Unified Sample gallery - https://aka.ms/m365/samples
- Microsoft 365 Platform Community in YouTube - https://aka.ms/m365/videos
- Microsoft 365 Platform Community - https://aka.ms/m365pnp