teams team archive¶
Archives specified Microsoft Teams team
m365 teams team archive [options]
-i, --teamId <teamId>
- The ID of the Microsoft Teams team to archive
- Sets the permissions for team members to read-only on the SharePoint Online site associated with the team
- output usage information
- JMESPath query string. See http://jmespath.org/ for more information and examples
-o, --output [output]
- Output type.
- Runs command with verbose logging
- Runs command with debug logging
Using this command, global admins and Microsoft Teams service admins can access teams that they are not a member of.
When a team is archived, users can no longer send or like messages on any channel in the team, edit the team's name, description, or other settings, or in general make most changes to the team. Membership changes to the team continue to be allowed.
Archive the specified Microsoft Teams team
m365 teams team archive --teamId 6f6fd3f7-9ba5-4488-bbe6-a789004d0d55
Archive the specified Microsoft Teams team and set permissions for team members to read-only on the SharePoint Online site associated with the team
m365 teams team archive --teamId 6f6fd3f7-9ba5-4488-bbe6-a789004d0d55 --shouldSetSpoSiteReadOnlyForMembers