purview retentioneventtype set¶
Update a retention event type
m365 purview retentioneventtype set [options]
-i, --id <id>
- The id of the retention event type.
-d, --description [description]
- The new description of the event type.
-h, --help [help]
- Output usage information. Optionally, specify which section of command's help you want to see. Allowed values are
full. Default is
- JMESPath query string. See http://jmespath.org/ for more information and examples
-o, --output [output]
- Output type.
- Runs command with verbose logging
- Runs command with debug logging
Update the description of a retention event type
m365 purview retentioneventtype set --id c37d695e-d581-4ae9-82a0-9364eba4291e --description 'some extra information'
This command is based on a Microsoft Graph API that is currently in preview and is subject to change once the API reached general availability.
This command currently only supports delegated permissions.
This command is part of a series of commands that have to do with event-based retention. Event-based retention is about starting a retention period when a specific event occurs, instead of the moment a document was labeled or created. Read more about event-based retention here
The command won't return a response on success.